2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the MZ3 2.5L 6 speed and i was wondering if anyone else was grinding 2nd when shifting. i contacted twm and they said to check the side to side adjustment. i'm kinda thinkin about pulling it out and selling on ebay for just enough to cover the cost of buying a jbarone unit. thoughts?:confused1 1:

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Have you used the shifter adjustment instructional video on the JBarone website ? Makes a world of difference....my TWM SS works very well after using the video...it's easy and cheap to do.....

Reactions: BeEvil

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were you grinding 2nd at all? i have no problems getting into 1st,2nd, or R.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I had trouble at first with my JB plate getting into 2nd......but after the cable adjustment and the stock airbox removal...smooth sailing.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guess i'll have to give it a try. thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've also had grinding going in to 2nd. But only about every 300th shift. I't just embarrassing. I'll have to check out the adjustment video also.

Here's a link in case you need it. http://www.jamiesplanet.com/support/FineTune.htm

BeEvil

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Mine was harder to shift 4-6 initially...:Racing 1:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I have the MZ3 2.5L 6 speed and i was wondering if anyone else was grinding 2nd when shifting. i contacted twm and they said to check the side to side adjustment. i'm kinda thinkin about pulling it out and selling on ebay for just enough to cover the cost of buying a jbarone unit. thoughts?:confused1 1:
Adjusting the shifter will correct your issues.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Thanks for chiming in on this... even with it being a competeters product:thumbup: Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts