2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a short shift kit from TWM with the base bushings so I'll let everyone know how it is. I bought the plate kit not the full replacement kit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please do! I have been looking at getting the SSP just because the full replacement is more than I want to spend. Is that sickspeed knob you have weighted?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's not. Just the weight of the material used to make it. Very comfortable though...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just purchased a short shift kit from TWM with the base bushings so I'll let everyone know how it is. I bought the plate kit not the full replacement kit.
Ditto ordered mine today

Please do! I have been looking at getting the SSP just because the full replacement is more than I want to spend. Is that sickspeed knob you have weighted?
I will have the JBarone plate/weight (blue) and bushings availiable next week if interested

I remember a post way back that TWM messed up their plate big time. Personally, I'd only go to them for the full replacement. JBarone's plate sounds like it performs better.
This was a major issue and was why I went with JBR SSP, they have resolved the problem, but I do agree, it is all or nothing.

Z

·
Banned
80 Posts
I remember a post way back that TWM messed up their plate big time. Personally, I'd only go to them for the full replacement. JBarone's plate sounds like it performs better.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...3172-twm-short-shift-problems-non-speed3.html
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...mance-full-replacment-short-shifter-6spd.html
It's an issue we had with the first batch and since, the product has been redesigned and all people affected were issued replacements! Our short shifter adapter plates now perform flawlessly and are guaranteed for life!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

·
Registered
596 Posts
It's an issue we had with the first batch and since, the product has been redesigned and all people affected were issued replacements! Our short shifter adapter plates now perform flawlessly and are guaranteed for life!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance
I have all the components installed now, things are solid and very happy with the product. I do believe the bushings could be designed a little different. I had issues when putting on the self locking nuts where the threaded rod wanted to go further into the floor board and not screw on to the rod. Hope it holds, I have some lock washers and nuts just in case.

Z

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
I have all the components installed now, things are solid and very happy with the product. I do believe the bushings could be designed a little different. I had issues when putting on the self locking nuts where the threaded rod wanted to go further into the floor board and not screw on to the rod. Hope it holds, I have some lock washers and nuts just in case.

Z
So how does it compare to JBarone's plate? I have a 6speed 2.5 but am trying to decide between the two, JBarone is a good amount cheaper tho..

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
So how does it compare to JBarone's plate? I have a 6speed 2.5 but am trying to decide between the two, JBarone is a good amount cheaper tho..
Price was the deciding factor for me, why pay more for the same thing? And you don't really need a life time warranty on something that can't physically break.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the TWM Short Shifter plate and bushings installed. The plate noticeably changes the throw on the shifter. It was pretty easy to install also. After installing the bushings, shifting is a lot more crisp and not "mushy". Very satisfied customer here.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Price was the deciding factor for me, why pay more for the same thing? And you don't really need a life time warranty on something that can't physically break.
Big difference in price as well as the throw, height and postion of the stick after install. The JBR plate pushed everything up, this is to say first was in its normal position but second was pushed up. The TWM keeps nuetral centered up. Don't know if I explained this, you would have to try both. I had a lifetime warranty on my screwdriver and replaced it last week.

Z

·
Registered
144 Posts
Big difference in price as well as the throw, height and postion of the stick after install. The JBR plate pushed everything up, this is to say first was in its normal position but second was pushed up. The TWM keeps nuetral centered up. Don't know if I explained this, you would have to try both. I had a lifetime warranty on my screwdriver and replaced it last week.

Z
trying to get this, care to elaborate?

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts