*The Electrician*
918 Posts
PLEASE be the new MS3 with AWD

·
Super Moderator
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
400hp MS3 awd diesel, do it Mazda!!!!!
Unfortunately, once you read through the patent application :sleep1:, its just a SkyActiv diesel with a small supercharger added to prevent turbo lag. The two turbo thing is nothing new, its what is currently on the SA diesel. One small scroll turbo and one large scroll turbo, both installed in the same exhaust / intake streams.
The actual patent application is for a new water cooled intake/intercooler design, not a new engine design. :frown2:

·
Super Moderator
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Where did you see that it would be a diesel? All the sources I have found said that it will be a gasoline engine.
Read the patent application. It says diesel engine.

Also, you don't put a DPF on a gasoline powered motor.

However, the patent application does not even apply to any engine at all in particular. Its for a new water cooled inter-cooler design.

The engine as described isn't much different I think from the current SkyActiv-D except for the supercharger and a new intercooler. :dunno:

·
SpeedySpeedBoy313
52 Posts
Read the patent application. It says diesel engine.

Also, you don't put a DPF on a gasoline powered motor.

However, the patent application does not even apply to any engine at all in particular, its for a new water cooled inter-cooler design.

The engine as described isn't much different I think from the current SkyActiv-D except for the supercharger and a new intercooler. :dunno:
Thanks. This is somewhat disappointing but all we can do is wait to see what the motor can do. :|

1 - 15 of 15 Posts