2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 2014 S Grand Touring in for the 5k service and the dealer didn't turn off the icon on my display. Is there some way to do it or do I have to take it back?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that. I was sitting at a stoplight with the car on. I'm guessing maybe that's why. Did it at home with just the power on and it worked. Doesn't let you if the car is running.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ummm unless you do that work yourself it means the car should be taken for some kind of service. Be it oil or something like that. Not just get rid of the icon

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ummm unless you do that work yourself it means the car should be taken for some kind of service. Be it oil or something like that. Not just get rid of the icon
He said he had the dealer do a 5k service and they didn't reset the light like they were supposed to.

·
Registered
184 Posts
First, turn off your car. you don't have to start engine to reset.

Take your foot off the brake. Again, don't need to start the engine.

Hold down trip meter, then push the ignition button as you continue to hold down the trip meter. if that only turned on your radio, press it one more time as you continue to hold down the trip meter . Your dashboard will light up like christmas tree, but still wait 5 seconds.

You'll see that that wrench is gone.

If that doesn't work, go to nav, application, maintenance, and turn off and reset first.

The try the process again.

I had to do it couple of times, but when I tried it without starting the car, it worked.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Saw the wrench a while ago on mine - it is just the "maintenance period has come" warning light - as has been noted, you can turn it off yourself through apps->maintenance. But that is one of those things that - unless you've hacked the infotainment system - you can't do. As a safety feature, once you get above 6mph, a lot of the settings lock/disable.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hold down trip meter, then push the ignition button as you continue to hold down the trip meter. if that only turned on your radio, press it one more time as you continue to hold down the trip meter . Your dashboard will light up like christmas tree, but still wait 5 seconds.

If that doesn't work, go to nav, application, maintenance, and turn off and reset first.

I had to do it couple of times, but when I tried it without starting the car, it worked.
Had to go Home, app, maint.,oil and then set date/mileage etc. This was for a 2016 CX-5 push button.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts

This was very helpful - resetting oil, tire, maint. didn't reset the wrench light - but the method above worked.

·
Registered
47 Posts

This was very helpful - resetting oil, tire, maint. didn't reset the wrench light - but the method above worked.
Didn't work for me. Wrench icon still on. Tried resetting all 3, erasing all 3, giving them a value, didn't help. Did the trip meter method, still the same.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Only one thing left ….hook up a OBD2 reader and see if it's something else.

·
*The Electrician*
905 Posts

Didn't work for me. Wrench icon still on. Tried resetting all 3, erasing all 3, giving them a value, didn't help. Did the trip meter method, still the same.
Go see a Mazda service department ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only one thing left ….hook up a OBD2 reader and see if it's something else.
No codes popped up. Have it connected to my phone with Torque app....

[/QUOTE]
Go see a Mazda service department ?[/QUOTE]
Hmm....was hoping to avoid that...

·
Registered
965 Posts

How many miles on the car? It could be one of the preset maintenance items like coolant, brake flush or something else that isn’t reset in the maintenance screen. Might need the dealer to check it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has 121000km. In the settings I tried changing and removing maintenance, tire rotation and oil one by one and testing and also all together and testing or changing values and testing....nada. i-stop also flashes amber but I think the dealer put in a wrong battery....

·
*The Electrician*
905 Posts
Has 121000km. In the settings I tried changing and removing maintenance, tire rotation and oil one by one and testing and also all together and testing or changing values and testing....nada. i-stop also flashes amber but I think the dealer put in a wrong battery....
gee i wonder if maybe it's time to just go see the dealer.........

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why not just take it back to the dealer and ask them to reset the light since they forgot? Should take them like 5 minutes.
Really? You'll want to waste time going to dealer, waiting around etc where you can do it yourself in like 5mins? Guess if you got nothing better to do........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts