2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one turn off the feature that displays upcoming roads and intersections on the MZD Connect screen? There are often times where I have/want the screen completely off, but this vehicle will still flash an upcoming road even with navigation guidance and screen off.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
How does one turn off the feature that displays upcoming roads and intersections on the MZD Connect screen? There are often times where I have/want the screen completely off, but this vehicle will still flash an upcoming road even with navigation guidance and screen off.
I don't think there is a setting that does it. But if it really bothers you, just loosen the SD card and you won't have navigation. You don't have to take it out, just press it once so it pops up.

Reactions: mlin32

·
Registered
112 Posts
I found it! I know I remember accidentally taking it off one day when messing with all the settings and sorely missed it because it's really helpful where I am.

Go to your settings in the navigation screen (you need to be not moving), then go to "guidance settings", then uncheck "show signposts". That should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I found it! I know I remember accidentally taking it off one day when messing with all the settings and sorely missed it because it's really helpful where I am.

Go to your settings in the navigation screen (you need to be not moving), then go to "guidance settings", then uncheck "show signposts". That should do the trick.

I tried this before, while it does remove the signs it also doesn't allow you to select junction view, I find that very helpful at times.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tried this before, while it does remove the signs it also doesn't allow you to select junction view, I find that very helpful at times.
Yeah, it does remove the junction view too, which is why I leave it on. I'm not sure why they would tie it together. Maybe some people would like to have freeway signs with the 3d view and no residential signs. A bit annoying that it's all or nothing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Weirdly, I unchecked everything in the Guidance settings, played with the settings multiple ways and the road names still pop up with a shut-off screen.

So for dark nighttime driving, I just pop out the sat nav SD card. Nav is one of my least-used features on cars anyway. Easy solution, although Mazda should have thought of this.

(Afficher panneux = display signs)

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's very weird. Works on my system when I turn it off. Maybe it's a bug?

As long as you got a solution that works for you, everything is good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wonder if using the Nav card, or updating it reduces the life of it (sort of how writes reduce the life of ssd's) . You guys think it is a good idea to keep the SD card out when not in use?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wonder if using the Nav card, or updating it reduces the life of it (sort of how writes reduce the life of ssd's) . You guys think it is a good idea to keep the SD card out when not in use?
Use a backup SD instead of the original one. It's cheap and works a bit faster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also facing this problem. Any solution?
Weirdly, I unchecked everything in the Guidance settings, played with the settings multiple ways and the road names still pop up with a shut-off screen.

So for dark nighttime driving, I just pop out the sat nav SD card. Nav is one of my least-used features on cars anyway. Easy solution, although Mazda should have thought of this.

(Afficher panneux = display signs)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am also facing this problem. Any solution?
Maybe someone could chime in? Like I mentioned last year, I just removed the sat nav SD card and disabling the sat nav and the annoying pop ups.

I was in Germany half of last year and sold the car before then.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts