2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

So last night I had a chance to install my morimoto hd haness. Everythig works good before the install.
And this afternoon, I notice that my turn signals + hazard does not blink when the headlights are on, but it works when the headlights are off. Even when unlocking and locking the car door, they blink.
Does anyone here experience this before?

Could this be a bad ground? Fuse? Relay?

I have the switchbacks front turn signals and led rear turn signals and led reflectors.

Usually, when I activate the turn signals, the switchbacks turns amber color and when locking/unlocking the car and turning on the hazard. Today all that did not happen, all the blinks were white.
And my led reflectors usually does not blink they just turn on when the lights/parking lighys are on, today that did not happen, they started to blink too just like the turn signals.

Any ideas, this thing ruins my new year lol.

Thanks for the helps!

Mark.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Our cars does not have relays everything is monitored by the ecu thats why you have to get a resistor to avoid hyper flash..... maybe try resetting the ecu first take of thee +terminal from the battery

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our cars does not have relays everything is monitored by the ecu thats why you have to get a resistor to avoid hyper flash..... maybe try resetting the ecu first take of thee +terminal from the battery

Tried that same thing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So all 4 blinkers are now back in stock. But still no luck.
Now I am guessing, could be the cause if installing the Morimoto HD relay harmess?
Or could this be the cause of the LED reflectors.
Tomorow, I will try and remove the Morimoto HD relay harness and put back thr Morimoto Standalone Canbus.
And if time, I am going to see the LED reflectors and untap all the wiring that I tap when I intalled it. But I doubt that thats the issue.
Because my passenger blinkers works good.
Just the driver side. And I notice that when I turn on the lights, the rear turn signal would also turn on like a regular brake light, but the front turn signal is off.
And all 3 blinkers are off (FR, FL, and RL) when the lights are on.

This is pissing me off. I feel like putting back everything to stock for now lol. And see what is going on.
And oh my license plate light is now blinking when locking/unlocking the doors. And it could be blinking to idk. Wtf lol.

It is so hard to work on the cold and in the garage that is so tight.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I guess start checking the basics first fuse box see if any of them blew up.... then 2nd the wires you tapped make sure nothing is exposed or causing them to ground.... and lastly double check the installation of your hd harness to make sure you did not miss or confused a caution sign for a step guide too..m

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess start checking the basics first fuse box see if any of them blew up.... then 2nd the wires you tapped make sure nothing is exposed or causing them to ground.... and lastly double check the installation of your hd harness to make sure you did not miss or confused a caution sign for a step guide too..m

1st - will do that for sure.

2nd - as far as I can remember, all the wires I tapped was secure, put some electrical tape, but will double check, after checking 1 and 3.

3rd - will remove the hd harness and will put back the standalone canbus, and see what happens. If nothing change. Will do 2nd for sure.

Thank you for your inputs.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts