2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just finished installing the turbosmart dual port BOV on my 2010 Mazdaspeed3. The install was incredibly easy. I don't have a huge experience with mods or working on cars and I did the install easily in around a half hour. Did not mess with the settings it shipped with and it is currently running 50/50 and sounds great. No fluttering or any other issues. The sound is a huge improvement from the stock BOV and sounds really nice. I really recommend this mod to everyone, especially if you have and SRI/TIP already installed. I have the corksport one and the combo is definitely takes the sound of the speed3 to the next level.

Next up on the to do list: EXHAUST!

:)

PICS:

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just finished installing the turbosmart dual port BOV on my 2010 Mazdaspeed3. The install was incredibly easy. I don't have a huge experience with mods or working on cars and I did the install easily in around a half hour. Did not mess with the settings it shipped with and it is currently running 50/50 and sounds great. No fluttering or any other issues. The sound is a huge improvement from the stock BOV and sounds really nice. I really recommend this mod to everyone, especially if you have and SRI/TIP already installed. I have the corksport one and the combo is definitely takes the sound of the speed3 to the next level.

Next up on the to do list: EXHAUST!

:)

PICS:

View attachment 5177

View attachment 5178

View attachment 5179
Video please :yes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha okay, I will try to get a video soon :D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Are you running it on the hardest setting to get it to not have running issues? Ive talked to a number of people that can sometimes have running issues with running a 50/50 BOV.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Are you running it on the hardest setting to get it to not have running issues? Ive talked to a number of people that can sometimes have running issues with running a 50/50 BOV.
His issue will be "backfiring", he will need to harden it up a little (1/4 to 1/2 turns) should this happen. I would also suggest changing to full recycle as the modification/tuning moves further along. I have a HKS sitting in the box that is going to replace my TS Hybrid this weekend. I will post this up FS probably next week, probably let the CS recirc tube go with it.

Z

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running it right as it came in the box on 50/50. I haven't had any backfire issues at all but will see how things go.

·
Registered
41 Posts
His issue will be "backfiring", he will need to harden it up a little (1/4 to 1/2 turns) should this happen. I would also suggest changing to full recycle as the modification/tuning moves further along. I have a HKS sitting in the box that is going to replace my TS Hybrid this weekend. I will post this up FS probably next week, probably let the CS recirc tube go with it.

Z
still got the bov fs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts