2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi so im 17 just bought a 08 mazda3 2.3l gs hatch and its fast ish but its lackin'. its time for forced induction i think. if some1 can explaine what specifications to look for in turbos that would mean its gonna work with my engine or even the right size to mount on? i know pretty well what turbos do but not a single clue how to instal them. any help, tips and suggestions are appreciated, its time to flex!

·
Registered
896 Posts
hi so im 17 just bought a 08 mazda3 2.3l gs hatch and its fast ish but its lackin'. its time for forced induction i think. if some1 can explaine what specifications to look for in turbos that would mean its gonna work with my engine or even the right size to mount on? i know pretty well what turbos do but not a single clue how to instal them. any help, tips and suggestions are appreciated, its time to flex!
Here is a good step by step for you.
1. Sell your car
2. Buy a Mazdaspeed3
3. Boom Turbo :laugh2:

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,372 Posts
This is probably not something you can do solo. To increase the boost to any meaningful level you'd have to invest in upgrades for your fuel internals and an intercooler to dissipate the added engine heat from the turbo. You'd also need a tune with all the new parts before you drive it.

Getting a Mazdaspeed would save a lot of time and effort. It will also cost about the same as doing all the upgrades and there's tons of aftermarket parts for those cars available. They can get to 400 hp pretty ez with a few bolt ons.
CK

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey, you haven't lived in 20th century, so damn young to look for turbos. I bet that's your first car, better learn how to drive it! After you are confident enough, gained several years driving experience, then look for more powerful car.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
drtuned.com

Pre-Skyactive engines are less complex to the Gen 3's.

This place has a kit $900.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts