2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I need help. i have a 2010 madaspeed 3. I just have a GFB BOV. my turbo when its winding up. its making a "super charged" noise. I bought the car about 3 months ago. i have driven other gens and mines it feels its not as fast as the others. I'm not sure whats going on. i have yet to buy a turbo because some mechanics are saying its a bearing. i just want to hear your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
5,673 Posts
hi guys I need help. i have a 2010 madaspeed 3. I just have a GFB BOV. my turbo when its winding up. its making a "super charged" noise. I bought the car about 3 months ago. i have driven other gens and mines it feels its not as fast as the others. I'm not sure whats going on. i have yet to buy a turbo because some mechanics are saying its a bearing. i just want to hear your thoughts.
Stop driving the car. :scared:
Replacing the turbo is cheaper than replacing the motor, which is what you will be doing if the turbo disintegrates at speed and ingests broken bits of bearings or vanes. :yikes:

·
Registered
367 Posts
You can get a rebuilt K04 on Ebay for less than $200 and swap it out in about 4 hours with hand tools. It won`t last forever but probably longer than the one on your car now if it`s about to give up the ghost.

That is, of course, if it`s not something as simple as a big boost leak. Throw your stock BPV on and see if the noise changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts