2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Oh gawd not again. Look at Orange Virus's 2.5 Turbo build thread and related threads. Then see how much you want to continue. But yes, it can be done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can turbo anything. I've seen turbo lawn mowers before. But I assuming you don't realized how expensive it is to turbo a vehicle and up keep it.
A lawn mowers:shocked: lol I just want a sedan with turbo, don't really appreciated a hatchback, but wouldn't the automatic transmission be blown off?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
there is many reason's why turboing the 2.0 would be even more difficult then the 2.3/2.5. FIRST, ( my guess not actual fact ) the auto tranny will probably not be able to hold down more then 200whp without issues. Second the compression ratio of the 2.0 is 10:1 i believe, making boosting without detonation even harder. now it isn't impossible and because the stroke of the 2.0 is so minimal there will be less rod stress, but that compression ratio is high.

the + side to this is there is forged rods/pistons available for the 2.0.
I would say the only way I personally would do it is 6 speed swap + forged low comp pistons. ( I've heard stock rods can hold like 250whp??? )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I know I'm late on the thread, and I've been lurking for a while. I know turboing my car is almost helpless. But the guy above seems to think a little differently, at least in terms of possibility.

You say forged internals are available for the 2.0? I'm assuming on ebay, or no? I guess I'll look after this.

Also, is that something that could be swapped in and out? Possibly on my own? I am a beginner to maybe intermediate mechanic with varied experience at home.

Finally, would I be able to just "slap a turbo on" after adding forged internals? Where can I learn more about this.... "boosting" process?

I think I have the 2.0.....bought it used......I have to figure out how to find out though...I might have the 2.3 I know it's not 2.5

·
Registered
402 Posts
Finally, would I be able to just "slap a turbo on" after adding forged internals? Where can I learn more about this.... "boosting" process?

I think I have the 2.0.....bought it used......I have to figure out how to find out though...I might have the 2.3 I know it's not 2.5
If you haven't done enough work on your car to know what engine is in it, I would advise against "slapping" any turbos in there.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
So you don't even know what size engine you have and your thinking you can re build your internals?!? Seriously man it's more than just doing internals and putting a Turbo on it. You need new injectors, intercooler, tuning, etc etc. It's possible yes but for the amount of money and time my personal opinion is just buy a speed. You get the entire package of performance, suspension transmission, and bigger brakes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you haven't done enough work on your car to know what engine is in it, I would advise against "slapping" any turbos in there.
Great response. How incredibly useful it is. No further reading provided, just a lame smart ass comment. I might not have worked on THIS car enough to know 100% whether its the 2.0 or 2.3 but I've worked on plenty of other things.

But you're obviously just some loser who has nothing better to do than go around, making smartass comments trying to look like a know it all douche bag.

And I realize it would be a lot of work and almost pointless. But the fact is that you coulllld technically do it and get it tuned up and everything.

What I wanted, was someone who ACTUALLY KNEW what they were talking about to chime in and point me to somewhere I could actually read how the entire process works from top to bottom. A good source of information, whatever you wanna call it. But no.....just a bunch of smart asses

braaaaa doing teh turbo's too hard 4 yew I so gnarly

Oh...and maybe i dont like gay ass hatch backs

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
... point me to somewhere I could actually read how the entire process works from top to bottom.
Yeah no, there are entire books upon this subject that are available if you just fucking ask Google.

Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Engineering and Performance): Corky Bell: 9780837601601: Amazon.com: Books

Help us help you, and you won't get flamed. Once you get past those basics then we can come back and discuss specific points of turbo-ing the MZR engine.

Reactions: Frnchplayr15

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Great response. How incredibly useful it is. No further reading provided, just a lame smart ass comment. I might not have worked on THIS car enough to know 100% whether its the 2.0 or 2.3 but I've worked on plenty of other things.

But you're obviously just some loser who has nothing better to do than go around, making smartass comments trying to look like a know it all douche bag.

And I realize it would be a lot of work and almost pointless. But the fact is that you coulllld technically do it and get it tuned up and everything.

What I wanted, was someone who ACTUALLY KNEW what they were talking about to chime in and point me to somewhere I could actually read how the entire process works from top to bottom. A good source of information, whatever you wanna call it. But no.....just a bunch of smart asses

braaaaa doing teh turbo's too hard 4 yew I so gnarly

Oh...and maybe i dont like gay ass hatch backs
HAHA WTF is this guy?

Come back on this forum when you actually know about your car. Dont tell us your a beginner/ intermediate mechanic and dont even know your own car. My own grandmother knows the basic specs of her car LOL. Now if you want to learn about stuff go to this site and READ EVERY DAMN THING MazdaSpeed Forums - Number One Mazda Enthusiast Tech Site
But honestly you might want to go learn about basic mechanics first before anything.

Now dont try and act like some internet badass if you get your feelings hurt!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Typical dumbass
I haven't worked on it enough yet to know what engine is in but I've worked on plenty if other things. Lmfao Legos don't count. My girls is totally car stupid and she could tell you what engine it has. Jesus people these days.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Register on Mazdaspeed forums and ask them how to turbo your sedan. They'll help you. And you have a 2.0 or 2.5 if its a second gen. What makes you so sure it isnt a 2.5? You can't exactly slap a turbo on. You need a turbo manifold, turbo, piggy back ecu at least, bigger injectors, intercooler, wastegate if you get a turbo without one built in, etc. Thats probably half the parts. Getting forged internals in wouldnt be too straight forward either. You'd almost have to take the engine out of the car.

Reactions: Frnchplayr15

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Yes completely agree^^^^^

Reactions: swerv0428
1 - 20 of 44 Posts