Discussion Starter #1

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
where exactly does this bolt to?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have replaced all three stock mounts, engine is fairly solid in there now. I somewhat believe if Mazda thought there was a need for a fourth mount, no matter what the quality, they would have added it. As the other thread states, no room for a FMIC and I have one so this won't happen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have replaced all three stock mounts, engine is fairly solid in there now. I somewhat believe if Mazda thought there was a need for a fourth mount, no matter what the quality, they would have added it. As the other thread states, no room for a FMIC and I have one so this won't happen.
That is true, but didn't Mazda also use the same mounts in the Mazda 3 and Speed 3s although the power output of the turbo mzr is significantly higher? I believe Mazda made a trade off between performance, comfort, and cost.

Oh yeah, streetunit sent me an email saying they don't have it in stock, so I'm probably not getting this right away :(

·
Registered
596 Posts
Mazda made a trade off between proper engineering/risk and margin. This is why I have alot of aftermarket shit on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts