2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just purchased an 08 MS3 with a few mods. It needs a Tune for sure. Has all sorts of crap in it that I have yet to find. Curious what peoples thoughts are. Its got 44k and looking fine. Just want to keep it healthy.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
I Just purchased an 08 MS3 with a few mods. It needs a Tune for sure. Has all sorts of crap in it that I have yet to find. Curious what peoples thoughts are. Its got 44k and looking fine. Just want to keep it healthy.
COBB has tuning for that model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Turbotime08MS3, keep a log/list of all the "crap" you find.
If you can, line it up with any known mods and grab as much info as you can on them before materials fade from age on the Web.

You cannot just tune without knowing hardware changes have been made to the car.

Start with the popular Cobb stage 1 to stage 2 mods and check if associated hardware are installed for those.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also, it's very difficult to check if the car has high pressure fuel pump internals upgrade without actually taking the pump out.
You can risk a full load dyno run at desired boost while monitoring fuel pressure then releasing throttle as soon as pressure tanks, but I strongly discourage that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts