2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting up my intro page. Just bought a 2012 Mazda 3. Coming over from the Xterra world. Wanted something a little more fun to drive and a little more mpg. Plus these 3's just look sweet. Not really a car guy mainly primary means of transport and where most of my times goes in mountain biking. Plus like to dabble in photographing. Mainly ride long endurance XC stuff on the bike but really will ride anything. Riding a Niner RIP9, Vassago Jabberwocky SS, and a second Vassago Jabber as a commuter. Excited for all the new road trips in the 3 with the bikes in tow.

There is no shortage of riding in Tucson or Arizona.

No shortage of pointy plants either.

Will have to get some pics of the bikes on the Mazda as soon as a get a hitch on there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome! Also, nice pics. I'm envious of your wide-open riding land. It's a little nicer than the sidewalks I'm used to.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome, I am in Tucson, do not bike much anymore, but fantasy island was the bomb!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'm envious of those locations in those pictures. I have Joshua Tree, which is about 2.5 hours away. I try to go there once a year. your pics remind me of it.

welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. AZ520 bummer you dont ride anymore. How long has it been? IMO Fantasy Island is probably the worst trail in Tucson. Only make it out there once a year for the Bunny Race. There are some pretty amazing trail in town. I mainly ride Starr Pass cause its close but venture all over on the weekends.

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
Welcome aboard! Man I used to ride like a madman back in the day. Started with a Specialized hardtail, then to a Giant full suspension. Loved Mt bike riding! Had a bike rack on the back of my honda civic and every Tues & Thurs I would hit the Fullerton Loop (12miles) Super fun!
Anyway! Great pics! Congrats on the new car!

·
Titles Mean Nothing
26 Posts
Good to see another AZ resident here.

I'm in Phoenix, and I used to ride too. All through college in Michigan and in AZ and CO since 2001. My trail riding pretty much stopped in 2005 when my life became 100% occupied with work and family.
I still get in some road rides occasionally but I converted my Gary Fisher hardtail into a commuter that only pulls around a trailer. Once my kids get old enough to not want to hang out with me I'll get back into mountain biking and triathlons.

Enjoy your 3. Question though, why a hitch and not a roof rack?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mainly going with a hitch cause I already have a very nice Thule T2 that is coming over from the Xterra. Plus if we go on a longer road trip without the bikes its much easier to pop the hitch rack off and not having any of the extra weight and stuff a roof rack would add.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts