2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put either on their car? I have a black 3i with a yakima rack for my bike. The rack has red accents so I thought a red stripe on a black wheel would look good. Maybe paint the brake calipers red too? Thoughts or opinions? Im open to other suggestions too.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
^ :hitit:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I looked up the Koing forward since I didn't know what they look like. HATE IT! But that's just my opinion. The TWS Trackstars look so much better.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked up the Koing forward since I didn't know what they look like. HATE IT! But that's just my opinion. The TWS Trackstars look so much better.
I thought they looked cool online but when I did a wheel visualizer they looked awful. the tsw's are my #1 so far

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
The forwards look like they belong on a civic

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think you can't go wrong getting either Tinker's TSW or Oliver's Drag wheels, they both look great.

I on the other hand am saving up for a TSW Nurburgring in Matte Gunmetal form. It is pricey, but based on their site, at 18" it is more lightweight than a comparable Enkei wheel pricewise I've seen on Tirerack.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
those. look. amazing.
Thanks! :biggrin:

I think you can't go wrong getting either Tinker's TSW or Oliver's Drag wheels, they both look great.

I on the other hand am saving up for a TSW Nurburgring in Matte Gunmetal form. It is pricey, but based on their site, at 18" it is more lightweight than a comparable Enkei wheel pricewise I've seen on Tirerack.
The TSW Nurburgrings are nice looking wheels and the weight savings is pretty significant...I almost opted for those instead of the TrackStars that I got. In the end, I like the time attack scheme just a bit better for the way I wanted the car to look. The wright savings might have helped out a bit but with a sub enclosure in the trunk I pretty much said "fuck it" with respect to saving weight.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The main problem is I have to keep it 16". Everything is made in 17". TSW are the only cool black with red stripe wheel in a 16". And they aren't exactly cheap.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
What about these Konigs if you want them to have the same basic idea with a red strip heres mine!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would say go for the trackstar 5.

What about these Konigs if you want them to have the same basic idea with a red strip heres mine!
[/img]
Frnchplayr15 btw can you tell me what Konigs those are, what size and tire setup you have?? I'm thinking similar type of rims for mine? or 17x7.5 TSW Nurburgring Gunmetal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey I was looking at doing the whole red pin stripe thing as well.. until I found these..

Konig illusion red

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I painted the calipers res today. Extremely easy to do. The TSW Trackstars are ordered and on the way :clap:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts