2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
M2J
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's good guys, I want to buy Tsw wheels for my mazda 3 2012 Hatchback. How ever i need help for the rim and wheel size.
I was thinking 18x8.5 wheels size and a tire 235/40zr/18w.
Are those sizes good or they don't go together. If someone knows about tire and rim size please advice. I am a little confused with the sizes. I don't know much about this and i know if i buy the wrong tire i will fuck it up. Also i will like to know about the offset. Which i heard is really important.
Thanks,

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Those are same tire and wheel sizes I'm running now. Gotta roll the rear fenders if your lower than stock height.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Finally a damn pic of your car! Lol

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
LOL. I don't really like the way the fenders are rolled that's why I haven't whored out my car with pics. I should have rolled the fenders myself instaed of going to a shop that supposedly knew what they were doing. Sooner or later I'll rent a fender roller and see if I can improve on the roll.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Are you talking about the back wheels? The front looks fine but the back looks like they pulled the fenders as well or maybe it is just the way it looks in the pictures. I don't think pulled the fenders was necessary.

·
M2J
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are same tire and wheel sizes I'm running now. Gotta roll the rear fenders if your lower than stock height.

Thanks bro, so those sizes are good then, but if I want to lower a bit I will have to roll the back fender right. I think I will keep it to stock height.

M2JMZ3

·
M2J
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. I don't really like the way the fenders are rolled that's why I haven't whored out my car with pics. I should have rolled the fenders myself instaed of going to a shop that supposedly knew what they were doing. Sooner or later I'll rent a fender roller and see if I can improve on the roll.

Can you show me a pic of what part of the fender you don't like. It seems ok to me.

M2JMZ3

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Mazdaspeeds are about .75" lower than an MZ3 right from the factory. I dropped my MS3 1.25" drop plus the 235/40 sidewall is taller then the stock 225/40 so the drop looks like 1.5". If you go 225/40 with the Nurburgring 18x8.5 +45 I'm pretty sure you could drop lower and the fenders wouldn't need to be rolled, but there is a plastic splash guard where the fender meets the bumper that would have to be cut, shaved or heated up and pushed out of the way. The plastic piece won't ruin your tires but it leaves plastic curlies on the side of the tread. All depends on the width of your tires. The BFG G-Force Comp2 that I have run ridiculously wide. Most 235/40 don't run as wide except for Dunlop Star Specs, Kumho Extasa XS and Hankook RS-3

You could also find a wheel that is 18x8.5+48 and run 235/40 tires that don't run really wide and you might not have to roll at all but that extra +3 off offset is gonna put you super close to the struts if your on coilovers. My H&R have the lower spring perches above the tires because they don't use helper springs. I have about 3mm of clearance to the strut right now. I can't run 18x8.5+48 unless I add wheel spacers.

No one can really tell you for sure what offset will and won't work. It all comes down to what coilovers and tires you choose. You can make practically anything work it just needs to be fine tuned.

It's the rear driver side fender that isn't rolled really well. It's a little wavy. I don't have a pic of it. I just wanted a fender lip roll. I wound up with a roll, pull and a flare. If I can't make both sides look even I'm gonna take it to a body shop and have them push the fenders back in so it looks stock. I'm anal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 mazda 3 hatchback skyactiv

Can you show me a pic of what part of the fender you don't like. It seems ok to me.

M2JMZ3

Hi everybody i'm new to the forum i need some suggestion i just got 2012 mazda 3 5 dr hatchback skya ctiv and now looking to put rims on it , i have a few that i pick out from TSW such as # 1 TSW Brooland18x8 # 2 TSW Mallory 18x8 # 3 TSW Nurburgring 18x8 #4 TSW Max 18x8.5 all this in BLK or Matte Blk which ones r the best for my car , oh ! color of my car is Gaphite metallic Thank you let me know in advance and alsa shuold i get the rims first then drop and is there any scruubing on the fender if i ptu 18 on it ?:yes: :yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum vinny and go for #3

·
Registered
21 Posts

hello, TSW Nurburgring wheels size 18x8.5 5x114.3 ET 45 work on a 2013 mazda 3 sedan without rolling fenders?

I'm driving Eibach pro kit suspension

thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
They don't rub on my 2013 Mazdaspeed and I don't have rolled fenders. Those pics are of my 2011 Mazdaspeed which did have rolled fenders. Turns out I never needed to roll my fender in the first place because I'm running the Nurburgring on my 2013 too.

If by chance you do rub it's an easy fix. Get adjustable rear camber arms and add negative camber till you don't rub.

Reactions: dbonilla

·
Registered
21 Posts
They don't rub on my 2013 Mazdaspeed and I don't have rolled fenders. Those pics are of my 2011 Mazdaspeed which did have rolled fenders. Turns out I never needed to roll my fender in the first place because I'm running the Nurburgring on my 2013 too.

If by chance you do rub it's an easy fix. Get adjustable rear camber arms and add negative camber till you don't rub.
have pictures of your tires profile

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Does this help? 2013 MS3. Fenders not rolled. 18x5+45 Nurburgring pc'd silver with 235/40 tires. Rear camber -1.8. One finger wheel gap all the way around. No rubbing at all.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts