2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Mine just started ticking - I hear it in the morning when the car is cold on smooth roads. I'll take the bulletin to the dealer, just in case they haven't see it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just had mine done as well and it no longer drives me bonkers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought I heard something that wasn't 100% right. I'm very sensitive to weird clicking, ticking, rattling etc. I'll observe then report back to the dealer. I've had my S GT since Friday and they're about to be sick of my questions. I feel like I'm having to do a lot of the work for them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After two attempts by the mechanic on this servicing, the ticking (passenger side A pillar) has not disappeared and in fact seems to do so at higher rate. The service order notes that if the problem returns, then body work will be necessary. Does anyone know what "body work" refers to?

·
Registered
17 Posts
After two attempts by the mechanic on this servicing, the ticking (passenger side A pillar) has not disappeared and in fact seems to do so at higher rate. The service order notes that if the problem returns, then body work will be necessary. Does anyone know what "body work" refers to?
I am about to get mine examined a second time next week.
Less than one week after repair, the noise comes back...

·
Registered
62 Posts
How is your car now? I got mine 'fixed' last week. But now it comes back! Really annoying!
Seems to be ok, I recently took it on a trip down to San Diego and did not notice it anymore but now I hear one on the drivers side somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Back from the dealer and it looks to be fixed. The first time they only adjusted the side that was causing the problem. This time, for good measure, they did the left side and then opened up the right side even more.

So far so good!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back from the dealer and it looks to be fixed. The first time they only adjusted the side that was causing the problem. This time, for good measure, they did the left side and then opened up the right side even more.

So far so good!
Nice to hear that. Were you there when they were fixing your car?

You have a good dealer comparing to me.

I took mine back this Tuesday, but I don't think the dealer actually did anything to my car. They didn't even give me any paper work to sign (normally they would let me sign something, like invoice, before I can get my car). I noticed no difference on my way back from the dealer. The noise now constantly exists when I drive at 40 miles or higher.

Should I go to a different dealer? The noise now is almost as bad as before the first fix. Or do you think calling mazda USA can be helpful?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to a different dealer in my area. Apparently they got it fixed. The mechanic told me he didn't follow the TSB, he reassembled something in that area and added some filler.

The noise disappears.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I went to a different dealer in my area. Apparently they got it fixed. The mechanic told me he didn't follow the TSB, he reassembled something in that area and added some filler.

The noise disappears.

Give it some time, see if it comes back or not. I have a feeling it might come back lol My noise went away after the last fix and after a little over a month it came back. This noise seems to have a mind of its own. On my 220+ mile road trip last month, I had no noise for the first hour into the trip then it started ticking again and ticked some more on the drive back. Since then the noise comes and goes.

First time dealer fixed it the noise came back the next day, second fix it came back after a week, then the last one came back after a month or so lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
After reviewing this thread, it appears the TSB doesn't actually cure the problem. It would be great if a definite solution could be found and posted. This is too good a car to accept a dash rattle long-term, even if it's intermittent at times.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts