2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went in for my first oil change (2k miles) and mentioned that the drivers seat has been creaky for the past 500 miles or so.

Got the car back a couple hours later and he said they fixed the seat and that there was a TSB issued for it. He flashed the TSB at me where it looked like the source was the spring in the back support on the left of the seat (if sitting).

No noise on the 45 mile ride home. We'll see how long it stays quiet...

Just thought I would pass it along.

Josh

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Just went in for my first oil change (2k miles) and mentioned that the drivers seat has been creaky for the past 500 miles or so.

Got the car back a couple hours later and he said they fixed the seat and that there was a TSB issued for it. He flashed the TSB at me where it looked like the source was the spring in the back support on the left of the seat (if sitting).

No noise on the 45 mile ride home. We'll see how long it stays quiet...

Just thought I would pass it along.

Josh
Thanks for the info! My dealership wanted to take mine in for the day to inspect it a fix it and I haven't had time to schedule an appointment and get a rental! Hopefully this helps!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks!

I actually have some creaking in my driver seat too... I'll have to mention it next time I'm in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Join the club! My car has been in 5 times for the squeaky seat. The last time it was in was last Tuesday and the squeak came back 2 days later. I am scheduling another visit this week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea im gonna do the same today. It seems to me like its coming from the inside left (while sitting) of the back support and sometimes also near the height adjust lever. Do you concur?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea im gonna do the same today. It seems to me like its coming from the inside left (while sitting) of the back support and sometimes also near the height adjust lever. Do you concur?
Same sound and spot for me, I am taking mine in Wednesday for the first oil change. I will see what they say. Thanks to the OP, I thought that I was just being too picky about build quality.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have an appointment tomorrow at noon to get my driver's seat creak fixed. They told me it was a seat silencer that wasn't working properly. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck. The lube they use to silence the squeak just doesnt work for very long. There are now 4 documented attempts (and 7 total trips to the dealer) at fixing mine with no luck.

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Have any of the MS3 owners noticed this squeaking at all?

·
Registered
261 Posts
So I have an update:

I brought my 3 in today for a 12 o'clock appointment. The sales manager told me it would be about 2 hours and I told them no rush since I was going to leave the car. So fast forward to 5pm and I have yet to hear back from the dealer. I call them and they tell me they're having trouble getting rid of the squeak and they'll call as soon as it's ready. So to pass some time a buddy and I go test drive the 2010 VW GTI (great car). 6pm comes around and I get the call saying my car is ready, squeak free.

They were wrong. As I pull out of the parking lot the seat squeaks louder than it ever did before bringing it in to be worked on. And to top it off, my driver's side airbag light is blinking frantically at me. So I turn around and bring the car back. They tell me to drive with my hands at the 10 and 2 positions and not one handed so that if the airbag just happens to deploy it won't break my arm. Apparently I have to bring the car back tomorrow, forcing me to take time off of work.

I'm so frustrated and furious right now. I just want my money back.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
So I have an update:

I brought my 3 in today for a 12 o'clock appointment. The sales manager told me it would be about 2 hours and I told them no rush since I was going to leave the car. So fast forward to 5pm and I have yet to hear back from the dealer. I call them and they tell me they're having trouble getting rid of the squeak and they'll call as soon as it's ready. So to pass some time a buddy and I go test drive the 2010 VW GTI (great car). 6pm comes around and I get the call saying my car is ready, squeak free.

They were wrong. As I pull out of the parking lot the seat squeaks louder than it ever did before bringing it in to be worked on. And to top it off, my driver's side airbag light is blinking frantically at me. So I turn around and bring the car back. They tell me to drive with my hands at the 10 and 2 positions and not one handed so that if the airbag just happens to deploy it won't break my arm. Apparently I have to bring the car back tomorrow, forcing me to take time off of work.

I'm so frustrated and furious right now. I just want my money back.
This is why I'm always hesitant to get my car worked on before the manufacturer and come up with a simple, idiot proof way of fixing something! Beware of random airbag deployment is enough to get free shit for life from a dealer!!! I would bitch like crazy for a rental or dealer vehicle!!!

The only bit of hope I can give you is that the airbag light is probably just the sensor not connected right from when they removed the seat! I wouldn't trust my word as golden, but it seems to me that is what the problem is!

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is why I'm always hesitant to get my car worked on before the manufacturer and come up with a simple, idiot proof way of fixing something! Beware of random airbag deployment is enough to get free shit for life from a dealer!!! I would bitch like crazy for a rental or dealer vehicle!!!

The only bit of hope I can give you is that the airbag light is probably just the sensor not connected right from when they removed the seat! I wouldn't trust my word as golden, but it seems to me that is what the problem is!
That was my first thought too about the airbag light. More than likely it's a sensor that wasn't connected properly. But that's not the point. Not only did they not fix the problem, they made it something else go wrong...and they had my car for 7 hours! I'm filing a complaint with the owner of the dealership.

·
1,272 Posts
I know, I was being a smartass.

I think it is a little bit ridiculous to want your money back because of a creaky seat. The bottom line is that this car is the first year of a new generation. Look at the history of cars, the first years always always always have problems. They will get resolved, we just need to have a little patience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After all three TSBs were done to my seat it has not made a single squeak in about three weeks now.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I have the same problem in my MS3....the squeaking sounds like it's coming from the rear support on the right side of the driver seat...it's so annoying. I will take my car in as well.

BTW...what does TSB stand for exactly?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts