2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm glad I found this. I have a 2010 GT w/ sunroof and blackberry 9630 (tour).
Everything was working perfectly until about a month ago, no issues with sound quality, etc and streaming music worked perfectly. Now, even if the phone is connected, the steering wheel controls are sketchy at best: sometimes the pickup/hangup buttons dont work, sometimes my phone will ring without even going to the car... just really odd.

I haven't had time to troubleshoot yet (I'm hoping a re-sync will solve this...) but if it doesn't I'll be talking to the dealer. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a hatchback 2010 3 sGT with sunroof and an iPhone 3GS. No complaints with people I call or sound breakup with streaming audio files (purchased in July so maybe there's a firmware difference or something).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had the Bluetooth Mic re-route work completed today by my dealer. The mic is now located in the head liner to the left of the sunroof, close to the corner. So far it I am very impressed with the sound difference of the Bluetooth. Everyone that I have talked to has had no complaints either.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
I had the Bluetooth Mic re-route work completed today by my dealer. The mic is now located in the head liner to the left of the sunroof, close to the corner. So far it I am very impressed with the sound difference of the Bluetooth. Everyone that I have talked to has had no complaints either.
Thats good to know. I might go by my dealer and have them reroute the mic since everyone I ever talk to tells me I sould like I am far away.

·
Registered
987 Posts
everyone says mine sucks and i sound far away. anyone know what happened after the module was replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You know, this sounds like its a simple oversight by Mazda. . . the mic is placed so that it is listening for sound coming from the driver's head, the problem being the head is very close to the sun roof, which is a major source of noise when the cover is open. Thinking back on it, calls where people didn't complain about road noise or the "hallway" effect were calls with the cover closed (like when the sun is out and I can't see with it open).

The confirmation is the post from bigiss about the dealer re-routing the mic. So now we know!

On the note of bluetooth music quality, I've noticed that from my iPhone 3G it sounds like the audio is over-compressed or has gone through too many analog-digital-analog conversions. I'm betting its probably the fault of the phone in my case and I'll post results when I can get my hands on someone else's phone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The TSB is to re-route the mic. I don't think that it addresses anything else.

·
Registered
63 Posts
for some stupid reason, i still have to talk in to the speaker on my phone. It is basically pointless for me to use the BT feature. I am definitely going to have this TSB done. Hopefully it will fix the issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Droid HTC Incredible (Verizon) that works good so far. I did, however, have an issue the other day on the freeway. The BT wasn't responding correctly to my command. I had the moonroof cover open, so maybe that had something to do with it. Once I got off the freeway, it worked fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the Bluetooth TSB

I got the Bluetooth TSB done last December. Its a great improvement. The mic re-route is on the left side of the driver side. I have the Droid incredible. It also was no problem with a Samsung too.

Oh yes, I had to re-sync the phone after getting the car back.

·
Registered
987 Posts
having this done to my car right now. they gave me a loaner 3 sedan...wow...it's so boring compared to mine!!!! no options, and just the 2.0 motor. i'm not smashing on any of the sedan or 2.0 guys...but ya really do need to buy a GT next time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine was fine with the Nokia N97. Switched to SE Xperia X10 and I have nothing but connection issue (call switched to handset manually after the other party picks up even when I using the car to dial out) and the media function doesn't not work at all.
Both on AT&T network but the N97 is an unlocked non AT&T phone.

Maybe caused by stupid AT&T with their lack of motivation to upgrade the OS on this phone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Confirmed. After flashing to android 2.1. connection problem disappeared.
There is still sound quality issue though.

Not sure if it's the phone or the network

·
Registered
50 Posts
The TSB is 17 pages long and relocates the bluetooth microphone. Mine is being done today.

To help get yours approved, call Mazda USA while driving 60 MPH or higher, and when they say, "Sorry, I'm having trouble hearing you." you say "Excatly!" and give them the TSB #.

·
zoom freakin' zoom
613 Posts
Hmmmm....my wife never complained before when using her Env3 but I'll be syncing her new LG Vortex tonight, so I'll be sure to tell her to let me know of any issues....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got the car back yesterday. Was delayed by two extra days, due to weather and part delivery delay, but its back.

Although I don't have Verizon, when I ask, "Can you hear me now" .. the answer is. "Oh yeah. Much better!"

·
Rust sucks. Move to TX.
101 Posts
I would really like to get the TSB done...it's in the dash and it is unuseable on the highway. Do they preform TSBs only in warranty? I hit 38k already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a place where I can read the TSB?

I had a 2010 3 (with a sunroof/moonroof - I've read that this might be relevant) and there was definitely a problem with people hearing me on bluetooth calls (though I could hear them just fine). There were no problems with music playback over bluetooth.

I was considering buying a 2011, but I brought my phone with me based on that prior experience and sure enough it has the same problem (once you get above 40 people have a hard time hearing you). This one didn't have a sunroof or moonroof.

I'd like to read the TSB to see if it's something that can be fixed on this particular car. If it's specific to 2010's or specific to those with a sunroof, then no dice.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts