2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been very pleased with my bluetooth, the people I am talking to always complain that I am cutting out and that they can't hear me. I am almost to the point that I don't use it anymore. I called Mazda Customer Service and they informed me that there was a TSB on this issue. The TSB is 09-036/10. I have talked to my dealer and plan on getting it worked on next week. Has anyone else done this?

·
1,091 Posts
What phone and carrier do you have?

I haven't had any significant issues with bluetooth through iphone 3GS. Volume is set into the mid 40s, it will ring loudly if I let it ring a few times on the phone first, the hangup sound through the speakers is very loud because of the high volume of the bluetooth... but no major complaints from others about call quality. I never have to repeat myself so I figure it's passable.

·
Registered
987 Posts
i have the same issue. i have AT&T, and when i'm just using the phone, everything's fine but when i use BT everyone says i sound far away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Verizon and I have an LG Envy3 phone....the guy from Mazda asked if I had a sunroof, which I do, apparently that is the model that they are having issues with.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use Verizon and I have an LG Envy3 phone....the guy from Mazda asked if I had a sunroof, which I do, apparently that is the model that they are having issues with.
Thank god! I have the same phone and problem but no sun roof. Its annoying how this great feature can go to waste!

·
Registered
253 Posts
My droid is horrible with the bluetooth. I'm about to the point of disconecting my phone from it all together. The music playback sucks and no one can ever hear me.

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
I've got a Droid X and the bluetooth works great for both calls and audio. People can actually hear me vs using my Iphone 3G I had. People said I sounded far away in the distance with the Iphone but it may have been the phones problem because it didn't support a lot of features the mazda has such as play/pause + change song through the wheel controls. Originally I thought it was a limitation on the car till I got the droid and was like OH SNAP!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My bluetooth works fine for phone calls with my Blackberry 9700. But the audio playback is terrible, sounds crackly and skips like the connect breaks. I hate it. I hope its just my phone, but Id like to know if it is an issue with the car. I have a Mazda 3 sport made in 08/09

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
I have the Droid and my bluetooth works perfectly both as a phone and over BT Audio.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got a Droid X and the bluetooth works great for both calls and audio. People can actually hear me vs using my Iphone 3G I had. People said I sounded far away in the distance with the Iphone but it may have been the phones problem because it didn't support a lot of features the mazda has such as play/pause + change song through the wheel controls. Originally I thought it was a limitation on the car till I got the droid and was like OH SNAP!
I got the Droid X also and it is cool to use the BT audio with Pandora radio. I was surprised i control the songs through steering wheel and head unit. I think I only have problems with phone calls if im on the freeway, when its louder.

·
girls can too
319 Posts
when i try to blue tooth sync to play music. the music plays at 2x the speed. its not the phone playing the music its the reciever for the blue tooth in the dash. i have a mytouch slide and it should be compatible with my car, the in call quality is fine but the blue tooth music sucks

it is a blue tooth sync problem with not completely compatible devices . there are many types of blue tooth out there... but i think i'm going to try to get this serviced...

·
Registered
11 Posts
when i try to blue tooth sync to play music. the music plays at 2x the speed. its not the phone playing the music its the reciever for the blue tooth in the dash. i have a mytouch slide and it should be compatible with my car, the in call quality is fine but the blue tooth music sucks

it is a blue tooth sync problem with not completely compatible devices . there are many types of blue tooth out there... but i think i'm going to try to get this serviced...
After testing my friends Droid in my car and having the same problem, I called the dealership, and I am taking it in Wednesday morning. I will keep you updated on what happens. I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 by the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took my car to the dealer today, and they confirmed bluetooth audio playback issues. They ordered me a new bluetooth module, which should be there within 7-10 days. Hopefully the new module fixes my audio playback issues. After I took it to the dealer, I had to call Mazda to get a case number before the dealer could order my new module.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They issue could be as simple as the old bluetooth revisions 1.0 aren't very great at audio. The bluetooth 2.0 and 3.1 versions have come along way since the first release. Soon we'll have bluetooth in everything with the release of 4.0 and ulta low power .

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's a good point. I guess I will find out, but Mazda is willing to replace my bluetooth module under warranty,so I am going that route right now. I know a few other people with Mazda 3's and they do not have the same problem I have, including the tech who looked at it today, and he has a blackberry as well.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I used my BT connection for about 2 weeks when I first got my car. Everyone complained of a tunnel effect and static, so I just stopped using it. That was over a year ago. I have a LG Neon which is problematic, but I haven't tried my iPhone 3GS. Thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the Droid X also and it is cool to use the BT audio with Pandora radio. I was surprised i control the songs through steering wheel and head unit. I think I only have problems with phone calls if im on the freeway, when its louder.
What version of droid are you running? My HTC Hero is running 2.1 and i'm having BT audio problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What version of droid are you running? My HTC Hero is running 2.1 and i'm having BT audio problems.
Im running 2.1 also, im thinking of getting mine looked at too, just to see what they say

1 - 20 of 47 Posts