2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The newer units will more than likely sport a better processor and more memory, as they were running out of memory, intern crashing. I also heard maybe 50/50 chance the BT Chip was changed to a newer better one, as the 2.1 was wonky and causing a lot of issues. I am getting the newer unit in a few weeks. I am glad Mazda is taking a stand on this and not letting us with 2014 holding the bag. You will see, it will run faster too. These new units will come with new software as well.

Attachments

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
Hm... There's only a few problems they list as replacement worthy. I don't have those few they listed but I have extreme lag, I've had the blue screen of death and random reboots. My vin number is applicable though. So am I SOL?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hm... There's only a few problems they list as replacement worthy. I don't have those few they listed but I have extreme lag, I've had the blue screen of death and random reboots. My vin number is applicable though. So am I SOL?
No, I have some of them and the crash screen, that was good enough to get it done. I have been reporting my problems all along too.

ps do you think they want to do this if they really dont have to. I am sure they will enlarge the scope of the tsb latter to cover other problems. the tsb would be 20 pages long if they covered all the issues now...lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
I cant make those out on my phone.. (blurry).
Ill take a look when i get to a laptop.. but omg..its killin me ..lol

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
No, I have some of them and the crash screen, that was good enough to get it done. I have been reporting my problems all along too.

ps do you think they want to do this if they really dont have to. I am sure they will enlarge the scope of the tsb latter to cover other problems. the tsb would be 20 pages long if they covered all the issues now...lol
So what should I do? Take it to my service center and explain my problems? Or should I show the,m this tsb?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what should I do? Take it to my service center and explain my problems? Or should I show the,m this tsb?
I would first voice my concerns with the issues. Is this the norm for a system to crash daily and lose settings. My radio would freeze to. This is part hardware problems as well as software in my eyes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Babie,

Did you have to take your car in for them to look at it first, or did they just order the new unit with you just giving them the service bulletin number?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Babie,

Did you have to take your car in for them to look at it first, or did they just order the new unit with you just giving them the service bulletin number?
I had a video of my problems on my iPhone. and I went in with a frozen radio screen.

and,,,well...i know them too. I did have a ton of complaints that helped they had written up for a few months.

you know those new video sport cameras you can attach to stuff, I know someone the had it going while driving and caught all problems as it happened. He is using that

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good news: my mazda qualify's . THANKS again Babie!!
Any idea what the difference is between the two TAU's?
yeah, ,,, all good. I am almost positive a new BT chip and processor and better memory and more of it. I am sure this is what the 15 will have.

and I know one more thing, but I will get slammed here if i say it..I know and I am excited.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The dealer just told me that I have to display my issue to the tech before they will perform the TSB. I guess that means taking it by after its been sitting in the sun awhile ...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Awesome!!!
You have no idea how much your news made my day!!
Well.. it sounds like you had the same issues I do.. so maybe you do ;-)
I Cant wait to hear your other thing!
I understand if you cant let it out yet.. but I'll be keeping an eye out for it..thats for sure :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dealer just told me that I have to display my issue to the tech before they will perform the TSB. I guess that means taking it by after its been sitting in the sun awhile ...
Does yours freeze, or get loud like my mom did one day when she could not hear her music on a long drive.

or drive by the dealer with a problem. Do you have loss of sound and don't get it back until you stop and restart the car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
press and hold music , return, and mute until you see the cpu/mem/vip bars come up in the top left corner of your display. Keep those running and when your memory max's out.. take a picture of it with your phone..

show that to the dealer as well..
there's no reason they shouldn't do the work,, they get paid for it..AND they get a happy customer as well.
Anything else is just poor customer service. If they want you to buy your next car there, or have you recommend them to friends/family ect.. they may want to think about that...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine qualifies- but the TSB says nothing about freezing, only if your audio sources related to the TAU failing. If mine starts to freeze down the line are you sure this is the cause?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had one of those happen a couple times before.. trick is showing it to the dealer :( Not sure what ill be able to do but since I went their once complaining about audio issues maybe they will believe me... guess we can only hope. Seems like it would cover a lot of cars, those made before March 2014. Building up a huge list of things to have done, TSB for this, TSB for clicking noise, Recall for i-eloop, v30 upgrade (wonder if the TAU unit will have a newer firmware). Oh and the first free oil change...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think as time rolls it will cover more. I was told freezing then reboot is more hardware. Bottom line as new software versions are released, and problems still persist, you have more grounds for replacement.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts