2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
This is the first of a real long list of acknowledged problems with the infotainment to date.

Basically, they are saying, yes, there are issues, standby...we working on them

here ya go.
It's a shame their list (if that's the complete list you posted) isn't up to date. I'm sure I've seen a fair few more issues than just those listed on these forums within the last month. We knew they were trying to fix things, as they have released multiple updates. This is more confirmation, than news.

I guess I am confused. The document talks about upgrading to version 29 of the software, not replacing the unit. Or am I missing something?
This is about as close as we'll get to a V29 firmware change log. So V29 is meant to fix the listed bugs. It's not listed as having anything to do with the TAU replacements.

Nothing is mentioned about other bugs that owner's have reported, as of yet. Hopefully they will provide the same kind of detail for their next update.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I guess I am confused. The document talks about upgrading to version 29 of the software, not replacing the unit. Or am I missing something?
No, I think you are right, this is the TSB that describes the V29 release. The TSBs for previous versions looked very similar, the difference with this one is that the list of problems fixed is now longer with the additional items V29 fixes. It even shows the dates of the previous versions that this TSB supersedes. This has nothing to do with the new TAU or Issues to be Fixed soon. I think Babie is confused on this one.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi check the document date too. i have seen the numbers not change, just the date. Basically, i think they are confused, but from what i understand, there are 3 paths of issues, you may have 1, software, 2 hardware, or 3 both.

ps i am just trying to help. maybe not . most people here are just disgusted period with the whole mess

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
No, I think you are right, this is the TSB that describes the V29 release. The TSBs for previous versions looked very similar, the difference with this one is that the list of problems fixed is now longer with the additional items V29 fixes. It even shows the dates of the previous versions that this TSB supersedes. This has nothing to do with the new TAU or Issues to be Fixed soon. I think Babie is confused on this one.....
I think the topic got immediately sidetracked via post #2 and lead to some confusion from there on, as it was related to the replacement TAU, not the V29 TSB.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
It even shows the dates of the previous versions that this TSB supersedes.
I believe this is referring to the "Bulletin Note - first point" where it states the previous TSB dates.

hi check the document date too. i have seen the numbers not change, just the date. Basically, i think they are confused, but from what i understand, there are 3 paths of issues, you may have 1, software, 2 hardware, or 3 both.

ps i am just trying to help. maybe not . most people here are just disgusted period with the whole mess
We know you're trying to help, and mostly you are imo. It's just that topics go off-topic so easily. I think we are pretty much back on track now though.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I really don't think it is a complete mess. I have had V27 from the beginning, and I see some software bugs but nothing that makes the system unusable, and it has never crashed for me.

However, I admit that I only use the bluetooth with an old Motorola flip phone (which works perfectly), an 8GB USB stick for my music, and a Sansa Fuze MP3 player on AUX for audiobooks. No smart phone.

The number one annoyance for me is the NAV voice cutting out the left front speaker even when the NAV volume is turned down to zero. If this was fixed I would pay a visit to my dealer; otherwise I will probably wait until my first service appointment.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe this is referring to the "Bulletin Note - first point" where it states the previous TSB dates.

We know you're trying to help, and mostly you are imo. It's just that topics go off-topic so easily. I think we are pretty much back on track now though.
Thanks, I am so new to forum stuff....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really don't think it is a complete mess. I have had V27 from the beginning, and I see some software bugs but nothing that makes the system unusable, and it has never crashed for me.

However, I admit that I only use the bluetooth with an old Motorola flip phone (which works perfectly), an 8GB USB stick for my music, and a Sansa Fuze MP3 player on AUX for audiobooks. No smart phone.

The number one annoyance for me is the NAV voice cutting out the left front speaker even when the NAV volume is turned down to zero. If this was fixed I would pay a visit to my dealer; otherwise I will probably wait until my first service appointment.
Hi, Have you ever gotten the compass screen instead of the Navi screen, even though the the SD card is in it slot?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've actually already seen this. I think it may have been in the giant infotainment thread.

It is interesting to know that voice commands may not work when you have special symbols on your contacts. I personally put a general currency symbol in front of all my family's names so that they are all placed at the top of my contacts.

I would like to have the ability to activate the compass even if Navi SD is there :)
Couldn't agree more, I think it is stupid that we can't access it with the SD inserted.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would like to have the ability to activate the compass even if Navi SD is there :)
I know what you mean..
I'm going back to the wrecking yard and finding an autodimming mirror with compass and homelink..
installs fairly easy and it should only cost about 10$ :)

I find it quite strange that the changelog for V30 Mazda3 (BM) (Sammelthread) Changelog Infotainment Versionen says it FIXES the same issues that have plagued the infotainment system since version 27 (version 29 says it fixes the issues in 27.. version 30 says it fixes the issues in 29) I haven't looked at version 25 or below changelogs..

I think this goes back to Babies post about the 3 scenarios
1) software
2) hardware
3) my feelings>> Both.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
I've actually already seen this. I think it may have been in the giant infotainment thread.

It is interesting to know that voice commands may not work when you have special symbols on your contacts. I personally put a general currency symbol in front of all my family's names so that they are all placed at the top of my contacts.
That's what stars are for ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts