2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I picked up a TRZ Dog Bone Rear Motor Mount from TheRPMStore. I wasn't sure about this mount as a lot of people complain about the amount of vibrations it causes, but I decided to go ahead with it.

Install:
The install was a bit of a pain in the arse for me. Jacking my car up in sloped driveway, which is gravel, you can't quite get your car super high. There are two bolts to take out, then you are supposed to be able to pull the mount out with some force. I failed at this part and fought with the jerk for 30 or more minutes trying to get it out. So I gave up and cut one of the legs off the mount, this was the part preventing me from getting it out. One that was done, it came out in 10 sec. :argh 1:

As for putting the dog bone in, it was installed and bolted in in 3 minutes. Fought with the torque wrench as well, since it is so long and the car wasn't jacked up that high.

So another Mazda forum rated the install at a 0/10 for installation. I would give it a 5/10 just because it was annoying I couldn't get that mount out.

Review:
I have only driven around 20 kilometers with it in there. The vibrations are nothing you can't get used to. You only notice them on startup, while engine braking, and lugging the engine. The pros are it's a cheap mod, and seems to work. I have only come on to the car once slightly since it was installed, and shifting to second felt a lot better then with the stock mount. So I would say if you are in the mood for a mount, to consider it.

Here is a look at the mounts side by side:

Manufacturers Site:
TRZ Tubular Control Arms -Other Race Parts

Where I purchased it:
TRZ Rear Motor Mount for Mazda 3 / Mazdaspeed 3 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

Youtube Videos:

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
129 Posts
what does the dog bone motor mount do for your car? how does it make it louder?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't recall hearing in the videos did you get the polyurethane or Delrin bushings in the rmm?

·
Registered
52 Posts
He mentions that he got the street bushings since he doesn't drag race is car. Street are the poly bushings.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He mentions that he got the street bushings since he doesn't drag race is car. Street are the poly bushings.
What he said.

@ruberbandmane, it causes the engine to move less - so you reclaim some lost torque, and it reduces wheel hop.

·
Registered
261 Posts
how much of a difference in power do you get? i mean did you actually notice a difference. Just wondering if its worth the $$. Being louder kinda sux

·
D/A
328 Posts
I'm so glad someone finally got this mount! This is a mod I've been wanting to do for my car since I got it, but afraid to commit because I couldn't afford a "bad mod." Unfortunately, you have a 2.5 and I have the 2.0, but the difference for this mod is relatively void.

How is the vibrations now? Still minimal? I heard that you had to jack the engine up just a little, is that true? What was the transmission mount you spoke of?

·
D/A
328 Posts
Well, now I will for sure be buying this mod. Now the question is when? Stuck between this and a suspension bar. I like taking corners, and I haven't even settled on which bar I want. Front or rear? Decisions! Decisions! LOL

·
D/A
328 Posts
Yeah, I read through a couple of threads and found out that the front strut bar(or is it sway?) bar is a useless mod and you don't notice anything.

Now, I read the disaster on CS RSB, now I need to find threads regarding RB and Tri-Point.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
No issues with Tripoint RSB. People autox them all the time and zero failures. It's unbreakable.

Reactions: krimson viper

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
No worriies. Tripoint RSB is flame proof...................just like me. :001_unsure:

·
D/A
328 Posts
:stuart:

Also, I'm leaning towards the JBR RSB. Any issues with them? Customer service, item quality, etc.

Sorry, I'm just going to make a whole new thread for RSBs. I'm coming across questions and this thread is going way off course. Off to the main forum! *zoom*

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts

·
D/A
328 Posts
And I just posted my thread.:sad 1:

Man, I thought the JBR was cheaper than the RB? I need to edit it. I think I may be going with the RB with the $50 difference.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
And I just posted my thread.:sad 1:

Man, I thought the JBR was cheaper than the RB? I need to edit it. I think I may be going with the RB with the $50 difference.
JBR is $195 shipped. Adjustable, thicker, and stronger. Just thought I'd add that in there. I'm going to go with JBR when I can pay for it because you can't beat the price I don't need something as stiff as tri-point, no know failures, and good customer service/quality. Also,

:threadjacked 1:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts