2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first time on the forums but I've visited as a guest multiple times, I'm having a very strange issue with my 2012 Mazda 3 s GT 2.5L. I'm trying to diagnose what is causing my Trunk open sensor on my dash to turn on.

Hatch functions 100% normal in every way except the sensor on the dash stays on and the dome light does NOT turn on when the hatch is open (but it turns on when the doors are open and it always used to turn on with the hatch open).

I've already replaced the actuator assembly which I was told is the trunk open sensor (built in) but the issue is still present.

The electronic button to have the motor pop open the door works great and no matter what I have tried I cannot get this light to ever turn off. So I could use tips as to what could cause the sensor to light up on the dash and cause the dome light to not turn on, mainly because I don't understand the electric path the sensor takes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't believe I noted that I have also tried taking a screwdriver and pushing the locking mechanism all the way closed. (not half way, all the way closed), and it still doesn't turn off the signal on the dash and the domelights remain off. I think I may somehow have a short but I'm not sure exactly where.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts