2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a trunk cargo liner for the sedan that fits as well as the weathertech mats? I am having great difficulty finding a nice custom fitted one that is an "all weather" solution to trap dirt and water/snow. the Mazda one just doesn't fit well enough at the edges for what I want. The Mazda 6 trunk liner looks great in the 6, but we're left drooling with our 3's.:crybaby 1:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Does anyone have a trunk cargo liner for the sedan that fits as well as the weathertech mats? I am having great difficulty finding a nice custom fitted one that is an "all weather" solution to trap dirt and water/snow. the Mazda one just doesn't fit well enough at the edges for what I want. The Mazda 6 trunk liner looks great in the 6, but we're left drooling with our 3's.:crybaby 1:
I got the Husky Weatherbeater tray for the hatch and it works great. Sides are about 2" high.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Seems very $$$...factory weather mats are a lot cheaper...what did you pay???
Yes, it is expensive (I paid $95), but it is also much better. I did waste money on the OEM front mats (which I got with the car) and replaced them with the Kagu Maxpider ones. Those had better coverage than either the OEM or Weathertech and were well worth the extra money.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Husky Weatherbeater tray for the hatch and it works great. Sides are about 2" high.
Husky doesn't make the weaterbeater for the sedan. most companies don't have a fitted rear cargo for the sedan yet. Wish I could get my hands on it, looks great. :cursing:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought the trimmable weathertech one since they dont make the custom ones for the trunk (have the custom ones for the front though and they are great. I didnt end up trimming it and liked the additional mat that ran a bit up the sides. Overall a solid buy at the price. Here is the amazon link below

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/WeatherTech-Trim--Vehicle-Cargo-Black/dp/B003IDE4U8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1402339901&sr=8-2&keywords=weathertech+cargo[/ame]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
343 Posts
What's nice with the custom WeatherTech and Husky liners is that there is a 2" side lip edge all around. This is very helpful especially if you get a fluid leak of some sort from whatever you are hauling. The 2" lip will keep the fluid from spilling over the mat onto the factory carpeting. Without the lip any liquids would spill over especially on a turn or when you stop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks like the factory hard liner also has a lip on it...and it's cheaper...not sure what the advantage is to go after-market...
Because nothing that is factory actually covers the entire trunk for the 4 door mazda 3 if I am not mistaken. It only covers the middle leaving the sides with no coverage according to the pics on mazdas site

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Because nothing that is factory actually covers the entire trunk for the 4 door mazda 3 if I am not mistaken. It only covers the middle leaving the sides with no coverage according to the pics on mazdas site
Correct, it is just a mat that lays in the middle of the trunk, unlike the mazda6 where is covers everything, and the drop downs behind the tail lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So for those with the sedan. Are your trunk also covered with the cheap square liner over the spare tire, that's raised up a bit by the side near the taillights? Mine isn't flat and flush in those 2 corners as I'd expect. Also wondering which cargo mat to go with, OEM or weathertech.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So for those with the sedan. Are your trunk also covered with the cheap square liner over the spare tire, that's raised up a bit by the side near the taillights? Mine isn't flat and flush in those 2 corners as I'd expect. Also wondering which cargo mat to go with, OEM or weathertech.
Correct, mine is a bit raised up. AS you can see in the pics I posted the sides tend to dip down a bit and then run up the walls. This is the reason I didnt cut it, I liked the added coverage. I did alot of research and until there is a digitally fit one made for the Mazda 3 Sedan I think the weathertech one that I posted pics of is far superior to anything else.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a hatch..so i think the factory mat is a better fit for the hatch then for the sedan...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.