Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello is there a trubo kit for 2016 madza 3 i sport 2.0L Manual transmission

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,323 Posts
Doesn't exist. Corksport is working on one, but I don't really expect anything to come from that.
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,323 Posts
Corksport has a running car with a turbo in it. It took them years to build and it involved fabrication of a clutch, turbo, intake, exhaust, intercooler, and a custom tune.

Corksport is also a well financed company with a staff of people that do that sort of stuff for a living...
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,323 Posts
Trust me... I feel you.

I've learned that more hp won't help these cars much without making other large scale changes though. i.e. LSD (limited slip differential), clutch, flywheel maybe, wider rims/tires.

I have an ECU tune on my 2.5L and if I let the RPMs climb to say 2-3k before engaging the clutch.. the wheels will just spin like crazy.. super grippy extra wide tires too.

I have to feather it and really time the clutch and throttle engagement to get my best times on launch, which is 7.42 secs for 0-60 currently. As measured by Dragy.
CK

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So want can I do to just get a little more power. Besides getting tuning, plan on getting it

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,323 Posts
Bolt-Ons: Axle-back exhaust and an intake.
Lighter/wider rims and better tires.

Higher octane fuel for the tune. I'm tuned for 91 octane, which is the highest around me in CA.
CK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts