Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Group Buy ends 12/22/2011

This kit is a bolt on kit. I would think the hardest part would be taking the headlight apart to bolt the new projectors in. This kit will give you the bi-xenon set up so you can have both hi and low beams as hid. Dunston and EuRomer can tell you how much better this is over putting hid bulbs in the stock halogen projectors.

Here is a link to Dunston's installation. I believe he got the kit before they had one that was just a straight bolt on for our headlights.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...-hid-projectors-install-review.html#post77937

The Morimoto Retro-quik system takes away the guess work in a headlight upgrade for the applications it's available in.

Available for a handful of vehicles that come stock with halogen projectors, the kit includes a set of custom designed brackets and hardware to mount up a set of high performance Morimoto Mini Bi-xenons in their place.

No need to worry about alignment, cutting, gluing, drilling, etc. Just un-bolt the old, and bolt on the new.

Based around the Morimoto Mini Bi-xenon projectors, which offer excellent low beam performance, a super sharp and attractive cutoff line, and a bi-xenon high beam to work in unison with your factory halogen highs.

Note that some kits are designed around the D2S projectors, and others are based on the H1's. We will automatically configure everything properly for you based on your application. (harness, brackets, projectors, etc)

Buy from the company with the Internet's best reputation for unbeatable prices and killer customer service. The Retrofit Source Inc. is trusted by car guys world-wide, and if you find a better price elsewhere, we'll match it.
What's Included:
2x Morimoto Mini Bi-xenon projectors
2x Morimoto 3Five HID Ballasts
1x Ballast Test Lead
Ballast mounting hardware
2x Morimoto 3Five HID bulbs
2x Laser Cut Brackets & Zinc Hardware
1x Relay wire harness
2x Alcohol prep pads for the D2S bulbs
1x TheRetrofitSource.com Decal
2-year worry free replacement warranty
Personalized after-sale customer support and "how-to" PDF's are available upon request.
Price: $300+shipping before discount.

Discount is according to the respective number of people. I.e. 5 people = 5% 10 people = 10% off, 15 people = 15% off, 25 people = 25% off! haha
No free shipping coupons or other coupons/discounts
No kit will ship until every kit is paid for

People Interested:
1. Chubbs
2. Dennis805

·
Registered
114 Posts
good idea, but i only need the brackets and the projector for 150 not the whole kit

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will be hard to get 10 people, might have to wait along time

i'll be happy with 5 pepole @ $15 dollars off, at least cover the shipping cost

which they would probably cover anyways if we asked them
yea, but I can't afford it if its only $15.00 off haha I was hoping atleast 10-15 people haha

good idea, but i only need the brackets and the projector for 150 not the whole kit
hmm maybe you can still get the discount cuz you can select that option when you order?

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
This kit is amazing! Still love it and its been about a year since the install and every night I drive I can tell how much better they light up the road. 4300k is the only way to go, they light up the road beautifully and give off a nice bluish/purple color to oncoming traffic. Never had an issue with the ballasts and your bulbs will become DS2 and will allow you to choose just about any OEM bulb from any car that you might have a personal preference for. Great mod if you do lots of night driving, too. :yes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
This kit is amazing! Still love it and its been about a year since the install and every night I drive I can tell how much better they light up the road. 4300k is the only way to go, they light up the road beautifully and give off a nice bluish/purple color to oncoming traffic. Never had an issue with the ballasts and your bulbs will become DS2 and will allow you to choose just about any OEM bulb from any car that you might have a personal preference for. Great mod if you do lots of night driving, too. :yes:
How hard was it for the install? I'm debating btwn the 2 kits right now. why 4300K and not 5000K? I thought 5000K where better and brighter.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
The new projector spreads out the light so much better. The 5000k bulbs were "whiter" but created a "hotspot" that was all I looked at while driving. The 4300k's are the only way to go if you want to see the street at night. It took me about 5 hours to install with taking pictures and having a new experience installing them.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The new projector spreads out the light so much better. The 5000k bulbs were "whiter" but created a "hotspot" that was all I looked at while driving. The 4300k's are the only way to go if you want to see the street at night. It took me about 5 hours to install with taking pictures and having a new experience installing them.
hmm... I might go with 4300k now haha I did realize a "hotspot" and it did kinda bothered me but I thought that was because my projectors were made for halogen not HID...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.