Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Group Buy CLOSED. REFER TO LAST POST FOR DISCOUNT INFO THAT WE ARE USING

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3955
I have the DDM Raptor Ballasts and just hate how unreliable they've been. Lighting is very important especially if you drive at night so I want to get a reliable HID kit. I looked around and ended up with TRS Morimoto kit. They seem to be one of the best HID kits you can buy aside from OEM stuff which costs $$$$$ So get in on this. Save yourself some money by buying through this group buy. More people = more discount!

If your vehicle came with H11 halogen based projector headlights, this is the perfect way to add high intensity discharge lamps to improve light output while retaining a perfectly focused beam pattern.

The ‘Moto 3Five bulbs feature: Ceramic bases for precise alignment giving you a clean beam pattern. Quartz glass tubes to minimize UV output and maximizing luminosity. Their Prax-Air (USA) metal halide salts produce very accurate color temperatures (3K/43K/5K/6K)

The ‘Moto 3Five ballasts feature: Compact, clutter–free design with integrated igniters. 8 Amp start current warms the bulbs up to full 35w intensity within seconds. Completely weather proof case & potted internals. Braided stainless steel lines enhance durability, looks, and prevent EMI interference. Laser etched graphics, aluminum fittings & mounting hardware.

The ‘Moto Heavy Duty Relay Wire harness features: Independent 80amp relays with LED indicator lights. Ceramic and rubber coated fittings throughout to resist corrosion. 14 gauge stranded copper wire. Designed to be completely plug n play.

The optional standalone can-bus harness replaces the relayed battery harness with two individual sub harnesses. Only recommended for vehicles that recognize when a bulb is out, these contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the car into thinking nothing has changed and help you avoid annoying “bulb out” warnings. (won’t work if you have a DRL on your low beam)

Let’s not forget the 10-year warranty on the entire kit. The Morimoto Elite system is designed to run for 2500 hours, so that’s what it’s guaranteed for. Don’t let vendors with their BS “lifetime” warranties fool you into thinking you're buying something well-made with that lame excuse. (in reality its over-sold cheap parts that cost $3 for them to replace every six months - no HID's will last you a lifetime)

Buy from the company with the Internet's best reputation for unbeatable prices and killer customer service. The Retrofit Source Inc. is trusted by car guys world-wide, and if you find a better price elsewhere, we'll match it.

If there are any questions on these components, compatibility, fitment, etc – please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
The kit includes:
2x: Morimoto 3Five 35w Digital Ballasts
2x: Morimoto 3Five HID bulbs
1x: Dual-Relay or Can-Bus wire harness
2x: Sets of ballast mounting hardware
1x: Ballast test-lead
2x: Alcohol prep pads for bulbs
1x: TheRetrofitSource.com vinyl decal
Ten Year Warranty (to the original owner/non transferrable)
Price: $150+shipping before discount.

Discount is according to the respective number of people. I.e. 10 people = 10% off, 15 people = 15% off, 25 people = 25% off!
No free shipping coupons or other coupons/discounts
No kit will ship until every kit is paid for

People Interested:

1. Chubbs
2. Astrowickham (M3R)
3. Silver Surfer (M3R)
4. Rj1790 (M3R)
5. Dano285 (M3R)
6. Gmodder (M3F)
7. Big_P_M3GT (M3F)
8. Shawkobayashi (M3R)
23. Rysta23 (M3R) <<<only buying if at least 24 others are buying
24. Mz3Syaoran (M3F) <<<only buying if at least 24 others are buying
25. Bonzman17(M3R)<<<only buying if at least 24 others are buying

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in as well... thanks also for welcoming me to the forum... I hope its a reliable HID kit.

ps-- noticed ur from Jersey as well... sweeet... I'm on Exit 98, Garden State Parkway.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet added you to the list. Will contact you via PM once we have enough people/deadline is reached!

I'm in as well... thanks also for welcoming me to the forum... I hope its a reliable HID kit.

ps-- noticed ur from Jersey as well... sweeet... I'm on Exit 98, Garden State Parkway.
sweet deal! added you to the list. I've searched for reviews of these and people rave about their reliability and the quality + the customer service at TRS. There are I think 2 people on the forum who actually did the retro fit to get bi-xenons from TRS and love it. I'd like to get the Retro fit done too but still worried about taking the headlight apart haha Plus moneys a bit tight right now haha

haha yea I'm on Exit 135 off GSP haha so pretty far from each other haha

·
Registered
437 Posts
yee i wish people would actaully get the retorfits ... :( i just ordered retrofit's bulb to replace my 6k fogs with 3k fogs, ill let you guys know how the quality is..

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Count me in! I've been itching to buy a reliable HID
Added to the list!

yee i wish people would actaully get the retorfits ... :( i just ordered retrofit's bulb to replace my 6k fogs with 3k fogs, ill let you guys know how the quality is..
Yea if we got like 25 people for the retro, it'd be awesome haha but I'm still kinda scared of opening up my lights so these will do.. I can always just buy the projector and brackets from TRS later on for $150 haha

Hey guys, help get the word out by putting a link to this in your signature! Remember more people = more discount!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Any pics of what the output looks like in a Mazda3?

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no clue but there are people who have the ballasts and the different projectors from TRS and love the output. Someone on here also bought just the bulbs from TRS and said they're an improvement over the DDM bulbs.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it's this kit we're still looking at:

H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Component Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

Count me in. My DDM's are near a year old, or past, and I think they're bound to start going south soon.
Yes that is the same kit.

would we get the H11 bulbs with these??
You can choose what type of bulb and what color you want for the bulb. They carry a lot of different sizes. As for color temp, I think they have 3000k, 4300k (oem hid), 5000k, and 6000k.

Sjsujdm ordered just the bulbs from TRS and said they were a lot brighter than DDMs so these are quality bulbs. Plus HIDplanet, which is a forum full of people who retrofit and what not with HIDs highly recommend TRS for their support and the reliability of their products so I have no problems going with these guys haha

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes they are fucking bright, and they already reached 25 a few days ago. Try and see if the coupon still works. BTW bonzoman, are u gonna buy my springs? :)

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes they are fucking bright, and they already reached 25 a few days ago. Try and see if the coupon still works. BTW bonzoman, are u gonna buy my springs? :)
I know they reached 25 but that coupon code works ONLY for the retrofit kits which are $300+ each. I tried to use the coupon code and it wont let me get the 25% off unless I order a retrofit kit with it :sad 1:

If we get 24 I will break down and make 25
:thumbup 1:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.