2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 6MT 2.0L
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear of this header (TRR)? Just curious-personally still waiting for one with extensive R&D, but from what is under the exhaust wrap, it seems to be a true 4-2-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
What terrible choice of music. Instantly killed off many potential customers. Idiots.

Regarding the header... I don't understand what the big deal is anyway. The factory unit is designed good. All that's needed is to remove the CAT and make it a nice smooth flow without the idiotic curve / bends. Keep the original runner lenth, design, etc just make it straight and without restrictions like a Honda K series header.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What terrible choice of music. Instantly killed off many potential customers. Idiots.

Regarding the header... I don't understand what the big deal is anyway. The factory unit is designed good. All that's needed is to remove the CAT and make it a nice smooth flow without the idiotic curve / bends. Keep the original runner lenth, design, etc just make it straight and without restrictions like a Honda K series header.

Yea, I agree, listened without music until the very end-I haven’t measured and figured as much with regards to header design-I wonder if Matt from OVT has removed the cat and what gains he saw

·
Registered
965 Posts
CATs are naturally very restrictive, especially whatever they put in to make the engine ULEV. I suspect that even simply removing it and keeping the same stock snake design will show gains. Obviously exhaust flow will be faster.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did however do a thing and got one of the few discontinued Ovt octopus 4-2-1 headers (early Christmas....)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CATs are naturally very restrictive, especially whatever they put in to make the engine ULEV. I suspect that even simply removing it and keeping the same stock snake design will show gains. Obviously exhaust flow will be faster.

Has the same flow pattern as stock or near stock to promote lower and more even torque gains

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Video in the header/exhaust thread

Reactions: gfpettus

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
I did however do a thing and got one of the few discontinued Ovt octopus 4-2-1 headers (early Christmas....)

Upgraded headers and cams (stage 1 and 2) exist.
CK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts