2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ciao from Italy.

I'm trying to update the maps on my SD car (M3 MY 2017), but when I launch Mazda toolbox and insert the SD card I get the message you can see in the image.

Of course I double checked the write-lock system of the SD, and even tried in both positions.
Of course I had launched the navigation previously (this means at least once since I gave the car, right?).
Of course I didn't write anything else on the SD.

I'm using a mac (MacOS Sierra on an old mid-2012 macbook), reading the SD with the integrated reaers. Not sure if this affects me somehow.

I thought it could be a problem with hidden files, but I set my mac to show hidden files and there's none on the SD. Anyway, if I do check in the properties panel (not sure what's the English name of that panel, my MacOS is in italian) it does say it's read only... although I can't figure out why.

Any idea?

thanks

Attachments

·
Mazda 3 Owner
124 Posts
Ciao from Italy.

I'm trying to update the maps on my SD car (M3 MY 2017), but when I launch Mazda toolbox and insert the SD card I get the message you can see in the image.

Of course I double checked the write-lock system of the SD, and even tried in both positions.
Of course I had launched the navigation previously (this means at least once since I gave the car, right?).
Of course I didn't write anything else on the SD.

I'm using a mac (MacOS Sierra on an old mid-2012 macbook), reading the SD with the integrated reaers. Not sure if this affects me somehow.

I thought it could be a problem with hidden files, but I set my mac to show hidden files and there's none on the SD. Anyway, if I do check in the properties panel (not sure what's the English name of that panel, my MacOS is in italian) it does say it's read only... although I can't figure out why.

Any idea?

thanks
Make sure that while inserting the card into your Mac, the write-lock slider doesn't accidentally slide into the "locked" position. I have similar hardware, and that sometimes happens with me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can try to delete everything in the "content" Folder on the sd card (but do not delete the folder itself).
I'll try that.. maybe I'll just copy the content to my computer and copy it back if it doesn't work... so I won't make more damages if this doesn't solve anything :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, of course you can save the content first ;-)
I did this because I got the message "no free space on sd card", after the deletion the update did work, though you need the empty content folder, otherwise the mazda tool says "invalid sd card".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,

I had a similar problem when I was looking into some files on the SD card with my mac. I did eject the card without releasing it the way it should. What will happen If you open/edit a file on a mac, a "hidden" copy of the latest file used is created and due to eject without releasing it first, the copy stay's on the SD card. Still following me?

The system sees 2 same files and doesn't know which one to use...leads to an error.

Now, what I did was looking into the SD card and see if there was a file that was named the same but a bit grey out "hidden". First made a copy on my desktop before delete it.
I was right with the first file I found which was a copy and remember indeed that was my last file viewed.

Hope this will give you a solution?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, the card is clean. i don't even have the ".something" hidden files apparently.

thanks.. I'll try as suggested previously as soon as I have some free time. I'm afraid it could be a mac issue in general (bad software developing for mac), but right now i don't have access to a pc.

What seems strange to me is that if I look at the property of the "volume" (device) it does say read only.. although as said I checked many times the little switch on the card, and changed its position a few times.. just to be sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, I tried a few times again and the card was always mounted in read-only mode on my mid-2012 MBP (MacOs Sierra - 10.12.5). I always checked the switch and well, it appears slightly moved towards the locking position when I get it out of the reader even if, of course, I push it back to the non-locking position before inserting it. I do not think it could go all the way to the lock position as it requires some extra strength.

I tried also on a friend's PC, with integrated SD card reader again, in this case it seems to go past the SD recognition phase and it does show my car serial number etc, but then it seems to time out when it tries to contact the server. Tried multiple times at night time (italian timezone) too.

Any idea?

·
Registered
1 Posts
MAC & SD Card not reading

I insert the SD Card into the reader & my 2011 iMac isn't registering that there is any card inserted.
Please help, I have tried almost everything

·
Registered
36 Posts
I insert the SD Card into the reader & my 2011 iMac isn't registering that there is any card inserted.
Please help, I have tried almost everything
@Ranae

The quickest fix is to try a different computer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't think it necessary to start a different thread, so have added my new experience to this one. Today I used Mazda Toolbox to check my Navigation card for the latest maps. As is normal the program checked for updates to the Toolbox program. It found one and automatically downloaded it. When it ran the update however, I got a Windows User Access Control warning that prevented the update from running. The Error screen (in red) basically said the Administrator had prevented the program from running. There was no options to continue.

Now I am using Windows 10 build 1809. I am the only account on the PC and it is an administrator account. I have never been presented with such an issue (error screen) previously without being able to continue. I checked my user access control settings which were set as expected to Never notify (lowest security level selectable). I tried a couple of things but to no avail. I then did a Google search and watched the first video presented up.

showed the error I was seeing (except it was for a different program) and the showed how to go into Windows registry editor and manually change a setting for User Access Control.

The Windows 10 1809 build is from October last year, but I haven't had such an issue since that updates was installed until today. Maybe there was another security update from more recently that caused the issue. Gotta love how MS could create such an issue without the means to solve it yourself. Hey the administrator [YOU] has blocked you from installing this program, Contact the administrator [YOU] to allow you to install this program.

Anyway; hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yeah, this was a known issue with 1809 changing administrator rights and log ons, particularly on the early updates, before they postponed the update because of some users losing files, but think I have read the administrator issue lingers on some recent installs. The whole 1809 update was a major MS cluster FK and that's why they postponed and still rolling out in stages today. I read up on it a little but didn't seem to understand the rhyme or reason to it regarding administrator rights, but more of a random occurrence. I know some people attempted to fix without understanding what they were doing and locked themselves out of their computers. I recall I did have some administrator rights when I first downloaded 1809 last year and I fixed, but I reverted back to 1803 anyway with a clean install and just updated to 1809 last month without any issues.

I didn't think it necessary to start a different thread, so have added my new experience to this one. Today I used Mazda Toolbox to check my Navigation card for the latest maps. As is normal the program checked for updates to the Toolbox program. It found one and automatically downloaded it. When it ran the update however, I got a Windows User Access Control warning that prevented the update from running. The Error screen (in red) basically said the Administrator had prevented the program from running. There was no options to continue.

Now I am using Windows 10 build 1809. I am the only account on the PC and it is an administrator account. I have never been presented with such an issue (error screen) previously without being able to continue. I checked my user access control settings which were set as expected to Never notify (lowest security level selectable). I tried a couple of things but to no avail. I then did a Google search and watched the first video presented up.

The Windows 10 1809 build is from October last year, but I haven't had such an issue since that updates was installed until today. Maybe there was another security update from more recently that caused the issue. Gotta love how MS could create such an issue without the means to solve it yourself. Hey the administrator [YOU] has blocked you from installing this program, Contact the administrator [YOU] to allow you to install this program.

Anyway; hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been given a new card from customer services as the original was not big enough to support the latest updates..
This however did not work, I then was directed to [email protected] or 0080042637383 the technician told me that the new card did not have the original licences and to contact mazda again to request they send a new card with the original licences on them.
One thing I've learnt is do not delete any files from the sd card, always back the card up first before doing anything...
Mines still not fixed but hoping the card with the original licenses does the trick, if not I'll be buying one off ebay as a last resort..

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
190 Posts
I've been given a new card from customer services as the original was not big enough to support the latest updates..
This however did not work, I then was directed to [email protected] or 0080042637383 the technician told me that the new card did not have the original licences and to contact mazda again to request they send a new card with the original licences on them.
One thing I've learnt is do not delete any files from the sd card, always back the card up first before doing anything...
Mines still not fixed but hoping the card with the original licenses does the trick, if not I'll be buying one off ebay as a last resort..
If you have a username and password from the MazdaToolbox, I can help with file recovery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have a username and password from the MazdaToolbox, I can help with file recovery.
Thank you, I'm still in contact with mazda at the moment, hopefully they can sort this out first thing tomorrow but I appreciate your offer to help 👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts