2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright everyone the big news is out. Me and Frnchplayr15(admin) have been communicating on getting our cars boosted. Have contacted Tri-Point and they are willing to do a turbo kit for our cars with the 2.0 liter engine. For all of you who don't know who they are here is a link: http://tripointengineering.com/ . These guys will do it right and will be top notch quality so you won't have to worry about a crappy turbo build you may get at some off beat shop.

Well time to get down to business. The price right now they are offering is $5,500 for everything including tuning. You won't need anything else after that $5,500. The good news is about that price is they are willing to lower it depending on how much interest we show. Frnchplayr15 will be sending out notifications and links back to this thread from other forums. A running list of people interested will be made and more details will be added to this thread as see fit.

*EDIT BY PHIL*
Ok the $5500 price is for install included. Which means if you want to join us we are planning for a trip to California in the summer to do it. Price is around $4200 without install. Im trying to get Tri-Point as a sponsor on the site so maybe later they can chip in.
Also you Skyactiv guys there is a possible chance for a skyactiv turbo kit in the near future.

Also another thing mentioned is Tri-Point is willing to do re-flashes to the ECU. They would have the same concept as others by basically data-logging and then shipping the ECU. The final price for 1 re-flash would be $500. If we get interest in that as well price can change.

Interested List for 2.0 turbo kit:
1. Frnchplayr15
2. Rherold9 (will depend on final price)
3. elflako17

Interested List for 2.5 turbo kit:
1. Koz05

Interested List for ECU Re-flash:
1.Frnchplayr15
2.ItalianGuy949
3.DomTheGhost

Serious Inquires ONLY

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
very nice. tripoint is awesome. I wish I could go with you guys just to get an ecu tune but next summer is like forever away from right now.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Well depending on how many people we get it can change to an earlier or later time.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Is it still limited to manual trans only? Haha but yea...good to see them working with us. Can't wait to see some of your cars after its boosted!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in an ECU tune. Maybe perhaps I could just drive to them in Chatsworth, have them mod the ECU there, and do runs around the area so I don't have to ship my ECU?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Is it still limited to manual trans only? Haha but yea...good to see them working with us. Can't wait to see some of your cars after its boosted!
No not limited it can be for anyone

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
It is able to be boosted just no one has done anything yet. I talked to Mark from Tri-Point and is trying to get Mazda USA Corp to provide him with a skyactiv car to start testing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im down for the ECU Flash

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Well all I would have to say is that Tri-Point is the most well known Mazda Race company and also one of the most respected. Going by this I don't need results from them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well all I would have to say is that Tri-Point is the most well known Mazda Race company and also one of the most respected. Going by this I don't need results from them.
Aren't the dynotronics guys supposed to be good as well, and the results were fairly vague. I would like to see some numbers before I spent money.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
yeah I wanna see results on the ECU flash, because there is very mixed reviews of the Dynotronics flash which costs the same amount. what a coincidence

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Aren't the dynotronics guys supposed to be good as well, and the results were fairly vague. I would like to see some numbers before I spent money.
Have you ever heard of Dynotronics till you got on this site lol?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Well starting since I've been watching races on TV I knew about them. But anyway were going off topic lets stay on who is interested in either thats it!

1 - 20 of 198 Posts