2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a wheel and tire package at treaddepot.com 3 weeks ago.

Last Thursday the wheel manager told me my package would ship that day or the day after and he would send tracking numbers. He never did.

I called them up and basically put me on hold for 30 min while they "looked for them", how it wasn't in their system and they would follow up, which they never did. They haven't responded to my emails either.

Anybody have any experience with them? Should I just cancel? I think they're feeding me BS or just trolling me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I placed an order for a wheel and tire package at treaddepot.com 3 weeks ago.

Last Thursday the wheel manager told me my package would ship that day or the day after and he would send tracking numbers. He never did.

I called them up and basically put me on hold for 30 min while they "looked for them", how it wasn't in their system and they would follow up, which they never did. They haven't responded to my emails either.

Anybody have any experience with them? Should I just cancel? I think they're feeding me BS or just trolling me.
I am in a similar (but worse) situation with "getyourwheels.com"

Will fill you in later, hope it works out for you, gotta run....

·
Registered
817 Posts
You should quickly cancel your order and touch base with your payment type and block/stop it. I know they may have a wide selection of wheels but I'd rather stick with Discount Tire or The Tire Rack. Hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys so an update:

Looks like they didn't know where my wheels went because the wheel manager went on vacation last week. He's back now so they shipped it out to me.

I'm on track to get it by the end of the week/early next week.

Funny how my friend ordered from TireRack and got his delivered in 4 days but it'll take me a month to get mine.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I had a similar thing happen on notgonnashipyoutiresafteryoubuythemfromus.com

No but seriously, i would suggest researching websites before giving them your business.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I finally got my wheels a couple hours ago, and one of them came with scratches :frown2:

At this point, I'm just glad I got them. Anybody know if there is some type of wheel touch up paint I can put on that?

Scratches circled in red:

Undamaged wheel:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sure those are scratches? Sometimes during mounting there is rubber transfer onto the wheel. If that is the case it will wipe off with some effort

Don

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea they're scratches. The wheel has a black chrome PVD coating and underneath its a dull black. I wiped it off and more of the coating flaked off..

I found this in advance auto parts

I'm thinking I can use a small brush and paint it on slowly for this and the inevitable rock chip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts