2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I have just changed my 3 engine mount on my mazda 3 2010 GT 2.5, everything went well until I fastened the last bolt on the bracket that holds the transmission mount. Yep it snapped, right now its being held by 3 of the 4 bolts and there dosent seem to be any vibration when running. I want to correct this problem but im now sure how to because the bolt goes into the frame in the engine bay and I cant acces the head of the bolt. Is it a welded bolt in the frame? Can be replaced with a tap?

Any body got some tips for me?
Thx
Maxim

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Hey everybody, I have just changed my 3 engine mount on my mazda 3 2010 GT 2.5, everything went well until I fastened the last bolt on the bracket that holds the transmission mount. Yep it snapped, right now its being held by 3 of the 4 bolts and there dosent seem to be any vibration when running. I want to correct this problem but im now sure how to because the bolt goes into the frame in the engine bay and I cant acces the head of the bolt. Is it a welded bolt in the frame? Can be replaced with a tap?

Any body got some tips for me?
Thx

Did you use a torque wrench? 33-44lb - looks you need a new stem -> welded to body:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup used a torque wrenche @55lb :/ allright will need to give the welding job to a shop

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Yup used a torque wrenche @55lb :/ allright will need to give the welding job to a shop

Suspension bolts/nuts are even worst for breaking/stripping - threads stretch / rust:|
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts