2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Transmission Model Number?

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Merp26 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new on the site here and this should be an easy one!

SPECS:
2010 Mazda 3 with the 2.5L and a 6 speed manual transmission.

ISSUE:
Grinds terribly going into first and grinds a little going into second, I think its time to replace the synchro's. While I'm in there I might as well do the rebuild but I cant find the model number for my transmission anywhere!!
I've decoded it, looked at the sticker in the door jam, googled and googled, scanned it with my OBDII reader, and looked in the owners manual. Lol any help would be fantastic!

#5 ·
Yes but I used the oil recommended in the owners manual, this has been a persistent problem since I bought the car. It's just getting worse and it's starting to annoy me to baby it so much haha, does anyone know the model number for this trans so I can order the rebuild kit?

#11 ·
Thanks for the reply! However i don't think this is the number im looking for:/ I cant seem to find anything online with it, i know the ATs have like a K5-FN4 style number (lol i just made this up but its roughly what I've been finding) shouldn't the manuals have a similar number?

#12 ·
5 speed manual transmission.

6 speed manual transmission.

Another 6 speed.

Your Google Fu is weak young apprentice. ;)
CK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.