2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Zoom! Zoom!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I looking to change the transmission oil and filter or my 2011 Mazda 3 - 2.5L. Can you guys help with the following information:
1. How many quarts of ATF transmission oil I need to purchase?\
2. Where can find the OEM A/T filter online? Can I have the OEM part #?
3. What's the type of ATF I need to purchase?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi guys,

I looking to change the transmission oil and filter or my 2011 Mazda 3 - 2.5L. Can you guys help with the following information:
1. How many quarts of ATF transmission oil I need to purchase?\
2. Where can find the OEM A/T filter online? Can I have the OEM part #?
3. What's the type of ATF I need to purchase?
Unless you are a skilled mechanic, you should not do it. Changing the ATF and the strainer (filter) requires disassembling the transmission oil pan and reassembling it with new sealant. To refill the transmission, you might need to remove the air filter assembly and throttle body because the dipstick is placed in a pretty stupid position. I'll attach some pictures (for the CX5) that will give you an idea of what to expect.

You will also need specific silicone sealant, a specific ATF (Mazda ATF is blue) called ATF FZ, new bolts and a new o-ring gasket for the disptick.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you have to change the filter, or is there any benefit to just changing the fluid?
Always change the filter/strainer unit. A full fluid change without a filter change at e.g. 60000 miles is practically useless. You need to get rid of wear products like grit, abrasion, scoring and whatever clogs up the filter over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts