2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2017 Mazda3 GT a few months ago new from the dealership, and ended up with the Navigation SD card. As far as I can tell, I wasn't supposed to get the navigation system, because it was a part of the 2017's Tech package. I don't have anything else from the Tech Package so it looks like the dealership erred in my favor.

Can anyone confirm that if I have the navigation system/maps, I should also have the traffic sign recognition? Perhaps I need a software update? My next step is to see which version I am on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Traffic sign recognition is a completely separate feature from NAV.

You need NAV to have TSR, but you can have NAV without TSR.

You have to check what you bought to know if you should have TSR, but if you weren't even supposed to have NAV without it being an upgrade I don't think you'll have it regardless of where you are.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! I take it then there's no known way to get TSR? I'm almost certain I'm not supposed to have it but I would love to have it without getting the entire tech package. I would think it's just something you put on your SD card? I shouldn't need any hardware, I already have the camera on the front for the rain-sensing wipers and smart city brake support.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your Mazda 3 is equipped with the new Front Sensing Camera(FSC), TSR can be activated by MOD FSC asbuilt and doesn't matter you have NAVI SD installed or not.

Thanks for the info! I take it then there's no known way to get TSR? I'm almost certain I'm not supposed to have it but I would love to have it without getting the entire tech package. I would think it's just something you put on your SD card? I shouldn't need any hardware, I already have the camera on the front for the rain-sensing wipers and smart city brake support.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts