2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2017 Mazda3 GT with the premium package (Canada), which includes the colour head-up display and the front camera, but the traffic sign recognition system comes only with the technology package that is only available with the automatic transmission. Does anyone know if there is any additional hardware required for the traffic sign recognition, or is it just a matter of Mazda having turned it off in the software? I'm just curious if there is a reason it wasn't included other than just trying to get me to pay more for the other package (that wasn't available in MT anyway)? Any possibility of turning it on somehow in the software?

·
Registered
327 Posts
My guess is they figured it was a tech-y-ish feature and they needed something else to include in the tech package vs premium package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the new Mazda 3 2017 in Poland the sign recognition is included in the skypassion version . Also with manual transmission.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, so probably a software thing. Seems like Mazda packages all this stuff differently in every country around the world. I like the US packages better than the Canadian ones. In Canada the Tech package that has the Traffic Sign recognition, adaptive headlights, XM, and homelink mirror also adds the i-ELOOP so is Automatic Transmission only. I guess they had to put something in that package, but I'd have happily paid more for them with my MT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts