2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to get "live traffic" through any other means?

The purchased subscription from navi-extras or whatever is rather disappointing. I subscribed for a year and to be honest, it was a joke. I'd be standing still in traffic but the system would say the traffic was fine. Other times I was cruising along the motor way at 70mph while the system said traffic wasn't moving.

So - is there a way to somehow pull through decent traffic data from somewhere else? Either via radio, or mobile from google or something?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I use two methods for a regular 420-mile round trip I often make when traveling through Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

The first is identifying a radio station in each city that provides regular traffic updates for the morning rush hours when I'm coming through.

The second is using a CB radio with a magnetic antenna on the roof to listen in on Channel 19 used by truckers when the traffic gets screwed up.

Both of these methods have proven to be quite valuable in allowing me to avoid traffic jams caused by wrecks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
TomTom is great now. In the UK, I paid under £30 for 3 years subscription. It's more reliable than Google Maps. I have a Pioneer Appradio with an Android TV stick plugged in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts