2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't Mazda offer the $500 trade-in cash for trading in a Toyota? It is only valid on Honda's, Hyundai, Chevy, and Nissan.

Can one negotiate a price and then when done let them know I am eligible for the $500 Owner Loyalty offer or will that just pee off the dealer?

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you are eligible for any rebates like a discount from your employer, recent grad discount, trade in incentive do not bring that up until you think you have negotiated as far as you can get on the price then throw that at them. Who cares if you piss them off they still want to sell you a car regardless. as for not having it with toyota.. I could be wrong but i believe there is some partnership stuff going on between toyota and mazda so that could be a reason

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
employee pricing is usually non- negotiable as the price us printed right on the invoice of the car you are looking at, so if you have that info, tell em up front, save everyone the hassle
loyalty bonuses, pull those out last minuet, shady dealers will try to keep it, the rare honest dealer/ sales guy will not care, as the manufacture gives that up, not the selling dealer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What I also hate is when dealer put their add-ons like:

$400 Wax (a special wax applied by the dealer)
$100 VIN etching (glass etching of the last 6 of the VIN)
$400 Window Tint

You got almost $1k in add-ons that really only cost the dealer maybe $200

And then there is the notorious "doc fees". I've seen dealers charge from $350 - $800 for doc fees.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
employee pricing is usually non- negotiable as the price us printed right on the invoice of the car you are looking at, so if you have that info, tell em up front, save everyone the hassle
loyalty bonuses, pull those out last minuet, shady dealers will try to keep it, the rare honest dealer/ sales guy will not care, as the manufacture gives that up, not the selling dealer.
Employee pricing is usually 5% below invoice. It would be nice to get that plus the $500 loyalty cash.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
What I also hate is when dealer put their add-ons like:

$400 Wax (a special wax applied by the dealer)
$100 VIN etching (glass etching of the last 6 of the VIN)
$400 Window Tint

You got almost $1k in add-ons that really only cost the dealer maybe $200

And then there is the notorious "doc fees". I've seen dealers charge from $350 - $800 for doc fees.
mop and glow, glass etching can be easily removed from the deal (as they are inhouse dealer adds)window tinting for 400 is stupid, as far as paying for it. too bad so sad. get me one with out it.

doc fees vary from state to state, in CA the DMV sets these, dealers charging the fee to do your paper work is BS, as it should be factored in during the negations. the only fees you should be getting is: (depending on state)
one time processing fee for new cars( should not more than 75$)
sales tax
registration (estimated)
environment fees (i think an CA exclusive)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got 1% over invoice for beening a Costco member & $750 off because my kid has a Mazda...that was in March...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts