2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am thinking about trading in my 2014 iTouring Mazda 3 sedan for a loaded CX-3.
I think the extra space and cargo area will be worth it.
Is it a good idea to trade in a year and a half old car? I never know the right period of time that's best.
I like the Mazda 3 but really am regretting not having a lot of features.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would not, you would get crap for trade in value, and the extra cargo space is marginal at best. Sell your car privately if you can on autotrader, cars.com, craigslist.

·
Registered
228 Posts
There is no extra space. Back seat of cx-3 is smaller, and area behind seats is smaller than your trunk too. It's a hoot to drive, but it's not bigger in any way. Remember, its based on the 2, not the 3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should wait until next year, CX3 is much smaller, Hatchback MZ3 much more room, besides you can expect some decent changes for 2017 CX3, I'm sure Mazda realizes the car needs a little more to convince people, I could see a 2017 CX3 AWD w/ turbo for the little 2.0L.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The first year - two years are the worst times to trade in a car, if you have it financed. Basically, at this point, you owe more than the car is worth. Ideally, you don't want to trade in or sell a car until you can get more than you owe. Unless you trade it in, you'd have to get your finance company to release the title to release the title and and have you sign a new loan agreement for the remaining balance. If you trade it in, they'll just tack on what you owe to the new car, which means you'd be heavily underwater.

As the others have pointed out, the CX3 is based on the Mazda 2, so the space will be similar or less than the MZ3. The CX3 is a great looking car, but this is also the first run of it. Let it sit on the market for a couple years, until they get the kinks worked out. There's no doubt the next version will be a little better.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I test drove a cx-3. It drives real nice, just need a 2.5L in instead of the smaller engine. Cargo room sucks. Ride height is good, easy to get in and out. What I hated is that for a fully loaded they still have that dial knobs for the climate control. if you want cargo room than get the cx-5 with the 2.5L Grand Touring model with the LED headlights, fogs, and tails.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts