2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wanted to ask if you notice a difference in performance when the traction control is off? I swear I get more power when I turn it off, also my shifting improves like day and night. Other manual cars I had before I always shift smoothly for the most part, but every since I got my 2017 hatch 2.0, I require harder concentration to sincronice the gears even tho this is the best gearbox I ever had in a car.
I think with trac ON the engine gets a bit pull back to avoid slipping even in normal conditions, am I going crazy or this is just placebo effect?
Inputs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You notice it in the snow more. You might need to turn it off at times if it's limiting your revs. Essentially when you turn it off you are taking off that red limiting

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,066 Posts
For normal driving, it's not noticeable. If you are on a twisty road where you need to make some turns at high speeds, it will help, as the traction control can sometimes limit engine output to keep the car more stable.

Even when it's off, it will stick kick in after a certain point to save your bacon from doing something stupid.
CK

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've noticed the TC seems to allow quite a bit of wheel spin when you decide to have a bit of fun. I was telling my brother about this and he says "well what it for then?"....hmm good point.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've only seen it kick in a couple times on a dry or even slightly wet road, made not much of a difference but probably a helpful one. It was absolutely not helpful in getting moving in a snowy/wet condition as it wouldn't allow any wheelspin. I turned it off and works fine but never fully disengages.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I upgraded to 17” wheels and summer tires and damn what a difference. Now with TC on I shift smooth, those summer tires are sticking good to the road. I guess at the end it was the stock 16 tires that were not giving much grip. I still feel the car pulls more with TC off but less noticeable due to the new tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts