2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching and apparently there was an issue with the TSC light coming on and staying on a few years back but I could not find any recent news.

I was driving my '13 Mazda 3 iGT today when my TSC light came on and stayed on and continued to stay on until powered the car off. When I powered the car back on about an hour later the light stayed on for another 5 minutes before finally shutting off.

Anyone else currently having an issue with this or have any info on it?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Mines done it a couple times, but if I shut the car off and turn it back on it the light doesn't come back on.

A faulty ABS sensor can cause the light to come on. But I have also read that the Mazda TCS system has faults and I am more prone to think it is a error in the system on mine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So should I even bother taking it in since I am still under warranty or just let it go?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Had one event when it lit off then lost power like im stepping but all I hear is engine rev.

Also have your battery check I found out the hard way when your battery cold star is dead it would cause some trouble with tcs and abs and steering too

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had one event when it lit off then lost power like im stepping but all I hear is engine rev.

Also have your battery check I found out the hard way when your battery cold star is dead it would cause some trouble with tcs and abs and steering too
The battery was good, it was a 95 degree day but I was driving in the shade so it was not that bad.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Try to get a code reader to pull any DTC code. If the dynamic stability control light was on for that long, the system should have captured a code. Usually the code would indicate malfunctioning DSC unit or solenoid valve, or etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts