2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping new wheels+tires packages lately, and saw that dealers such as Tire Rack and Discount Tire charge less for TPMS on Honda models. For example, on Mazda 3 adding new TPMS sensors costs $200 - 212, while on Civic, Impreza, Dart, and Focus it costs only $140 - 150. Is this by an error on their website, or are our cars just use more expensive TPMS sensors?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
so why do you need new TPMS ?
and yeah everything is more expensive on our cars.

not even joking. our fuel rail, that crappy little piece of metal with 4 holes on it. 1200$. stock intake air box is like 300... shits crazy expensive for no reason. When I saw the price of a fuel rail.. I almost had a heart attack.. 1200$ wtf is mazda thinking

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish to have the wheels and tires already mounted and balanced prior to shipping, so that I only need to screw them on. I thought about getting wheels without TPMS and wait until the tires wear off, but I heard somewhere that you can't turn off DSC without functioning TPMS.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I wish to have the wheels and tires already mounted and balanced prior to shipping, so that I only need to screw them on. I thought about getting wheels without TPMS and wait until the tires wear off, but I heard somewhere that you can't turn off DSC without functioning TPMS.
I don't think that is true. I have turned my DSC off a million times and my TPMS light was on for months

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think that is true. I have turned my DSC off a million times and my TPMS light was on for months
Really? I guess I was worrying about it for nothing. :biggrin:

·
Registered
508 Posts
and yeah everything is more expensive on our cars.

not even joking. our fuel rail, that crappy little piece of metal with 4 holes on it. 1200$. stock intake air box is like 300... shits crazy expensive for no reason. When I saw the price of a fuel rail.. I almost had a heart attack.. 1200$ wtf is mazda thinking
So, you want the fuel rail to be made of cheap plastic or rubber instead?

The little things like this are why our cars are more reliable than our competition (Honda, Toyota included), and also why they cost a little more, its built with real substance instead of cheap garbage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts