2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....still looking for a tow hook that is compatible with a 2014 Mazda 3....anyone have any leads or know of where I might be able to find one.... :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....I tried Ebay and got burned....the seller clearly stated that the hook was compatible with the 2014 Mazda 3 and it was not....not even close...

·
Super Moderator
5,963 Posts
Took about 2 minutes to find 1 OEM hook and several JDM type aftermarket parts. If Ebay doesn't work for you google mazda part # KD53-50-EJ1B.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just made my own, used the one that came with the car and welded an aftermarket one in

Reactions: minsanity

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but like, what is the point of having exposed tow hooks like that? To me, it doesn't say you race, it just says you go off into the weeds too much......

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here's what I'm wondering... if you bump into a car in front of you, will the tow hook cause a hole to be put into their bumper a lot easier?

·
Registered
290 Posts
FYI the manual clearly states that it is a 'tie down' hook only, and should only be used as such
it states it is NOT meant for towing
says it was used to secure the vehicle during shipment

So it's really only meant to be used with your roof racks to tie down a kayak or something

The correct use...

Reactions: am0s.x

·
Registered
165 Posts
FYI the manual clearly states that it is a 'tie down' hook only, and should only be used as such
it states it is NOT meant for towing
says it was used to secure the vehicle during shipment

So it's really only meant to be used with your roof racks to tie down a kayak or something

The correct use...
Then why does a white tow strap come with the car right next to the tow hook? I used it as a tow strap when I got stuck in the snow lol, worked well, we were careful though.

Having that tow strap on 24/7 is a DUMB idea. When you get into an accident all the force will be on one point. At the very least it will damage the bar thats under the bumper. Could also damage the "frame" (I know not a true frame rail but very similar that the bar bolts onto).

Can see what im talking about here (shameless plug hahaha):

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ssion/126458-brotherali-s-rebuild-thread.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts