2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to purchase an aftermarket tow hook for the front of the car...i tried looking for any specs that says thread size,etc..but couldn't find any.. Is it just a standard size? I have the stock one in hand but i'm still clueless.
Below is the look i was going for.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Take your factory tow-hook to home depot or lowes hardware section and they have thread gauge there and it will tell you.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
20x2.50

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
They were feeling the market pulse for products to launch. M3 was among those watched. I requested for this & was lucky to be handed the lone sample. I'm not sure which of the new AP+P items will get to ptoduction yet.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It's like you guys expect your brand new Mazda to break down on you.

Additionally the threaded mounting spot next to the grill isn't meant to tow the weight of your car, it's there as a tie down spot.

Reactions: Squisher

·
Registered
752 Posts
Additionally the threaded mounting spot next to the grill isn't meant to tow the weight of your car, it's there as a tie down spot.
Iv always been under the impression thats exactly what its for so the roll back driver can easily have an attach point to winch it onto the truck.. but then again like you said it shouldnt break down and if it does whoop de do you have free roadside assistance through mazda..

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's like you guys expect your brand new Mazda to break down on you.

Lol true. I wasn't going to do anything. Just came across it on Amazon and wanted to give a heads up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is it possible to attach a rear tow hook on our 3rd gens? I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere.. not that it's going to be used practically, just as a "bumper" guard..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts