2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2014 Mazda 3 iTouring sedan 2.0l. I have been looking to buy a tow hook to add to the front bumper. I've come across some pics on this sight with Mazda 3's with a tow hook. I ordered one thru ebay, and although the compatibility chart stated that it should of fit my vehicle, it did not fit. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can get a tow hook that will fit my vehicle, perhaps a website or specific brand ???

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
This towstrap holder is custom stainless. You can let any fab shop do a rod of your desired length. Have em copy the mounting thread of your OE towhook & the hook base of the 1 you got from eBay.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....anyone with info where I can purchase a tow hook that comes ready to screw on. I contacted a fabrication shop here in Ocala and no luck....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@seriouswoody, tried the site out but nothing there. I appreciate the heads up though. If anyone else might know of where I might purchase one please reply to this thread... ;0

·
Registered
124 Posts
what is the purpose?
Your car should have come with a tow hook attachment.
my 2015 3i doesn't come w/tow hook :(
I asked b4 I bought the car. and I looked. there's a spot for it next to the spare tire but it's empty

·
Registered
67 Posts
@Cookie_Thumper That's quite arrogant. Driving around with those things is just stupid. At least where I live, it's actually illegal. A lot of car laws are stupid, but this one I understand.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tie down is not for towing

This thread seems to be referring to the tie down hook, which is not a tow hook and specifically mentioned in the manual as not to be used for towing.

If something in put there on a semi permanent basis and protrudes in front of the front bumper, then it can be dangerous and cause damage to 1) a vehicle in front that you might bump, and/or 2) your own car if you run it into something solid (like a wall).

So what is the point of this? What am I missing?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I did a quick internet search for, "Cars with stupid tow hooks" and it came up with a ton of results.

·
Registered
67 Posts
stop crying and watch were you walk.
Well you're a mature one I hear.

I'm not the one who looks down on spirited driving and such, as long as you use your brain.

But I have also had the unfortunat experience of hitting a cyclist in an intersection (perfect speed match for him to hide behind the C-pillar). The speed was low. Maybe 10-15 km/h. But the guy still fell over the hood of the car. Broke his ankle and spent a good while with metal bolts and rods holding it together. Police agreed that the intersection was retarded, so I only got a €250 (converted) fine. But that feeling when you see someone on your hood. It's not a nice one. If the car I drove had one of those ricer towbars it might has well have cut his calf muscles of, since they are just thin aluminum plates.

Neither of us had probably planned for that accident that day. And I promise you that whatever the circumstances, you're not going to ask the one you just hit to watch where he or she was going. You're gonna sit there and feel guilty. And having a stupid towbar there might be the difference between someone having a broken bone or bleeding to death in front of your car.

Now I don't live where you live. Here it's illegal. So it's not my problem. But an advice is to think before you put stupid shit on the front of your car.

Now if you have it on the track it's one thing. But on the street... Not the most brilliant idea.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
....the tow hook or (tie down hook) that I am looking to put on my car is strictly for looks....I have no intention of using it to tow or tie down the vehicle ( I have the stock hook for that). The hook actually lays vertical to the car not horizontal in fact the license plate protrudes further out than the hook. Again, strictly looks people, and a personal choice and no law prohibiting me from putting one on my car ( Almost every other Jeep I see on the road has a set of these on. So if there is anyone out there that can point me in the right direction to acquiring one I would greatly appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts