2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Touch up paint online store recommendation

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Shinoduh 
#1 ·
I just wonder what is the best place to get touch up paint for Soul Red v41. This tri-coat is hard to match 100% I need to cover up bumper lip area size of smiles :laugh2: less than 1/2"

Which place you ordered from you had the best luck color match?

#5 ·
I also tried the mazda touch up paint for snowflake white a while back, and it was horrible lol It was nowhere close to stock color. I was going to try Dr Chip one but it's quite expensive.

My friend has a 2003 acura tl-s in pearl white and I used some of his touch up paint and it was almost a perfect match. At least much better than the mazda one =/ I might get a set for myself, only around $16 or so.

#3 ·
I second Dr. Color Chip. I have Meteor Gray and it's the best. Not sure though if they have the exact or close match for the Soul Red.

Reactions: Jregen7243
#4 · (Edited)
Dr. Color Chip is a monster, every research I done on touch up concludes with D.C.C. recommendation.

I also bought generic one recently:
1. it is too thick
2. metal particles don't layer up evenly
3. when it dries a color only matches 80% to internal paint (door pillars etc), 50% to external paint. It dries deep red, a car is freaking bright red :|

I had not bad success with previous blue metallic and snowflake using "scratchwizard". They provide a putty which is useless for big damages, I would rather go with a red bodno.

There are few other companies sell touch up (kits) on a market, I would love to hear experiences with them.

#7 ·
I recently bought some from AutomotiveTouchUp since they specifically cater to the tri-coat properties by supplying a bottle of ground-coat and another bottle of mid-coat to go underneath a clearcoat layer.

Fast forward a few weeks and I didn't end up using it because I had Suntek PPF applied to the areas that had little scratches and the installer said not to fill it in with touch up paint to avoid paint lift when PPF is removed.

I researched touch up paint quite a bit before I bought it, and it was between this and Dr. Colorchip. I ultimately went with AutomotiveTouchUp because of the extra coat they provide that Dr. Colorchip is missing. Just seemed right, especially with Soul Red 41V being a tricolor.

I received them a month ago and unopened. PM me and I'd be happy to sell it a few bucks less (it wasn't cheap!) and that way it's not a waste on my side and you save a few. I have the 4 bottle works: primer, base-coat, mid-coat, and clearcoat.

#9 ·
im looking to get some touch up paint for my 11 liquid silver mazda3 s sport sedan (lighter silver). the color they have on dr colorchip website doesnt look like the color at all. it looks white. Is it just how they show it on the site, or is the color wrong?

#12 ·
Has anyone tried buying touch up paint from The Speedline (e-bay)? I just ordered mine (Aluminium Metallic) from them and I hope I won't be too disappointed? I'm going to use the paint to add some accent to my rear diffuser.

#13 ·
I ordered from different ebay seller and experience was awful. They sent touch up twice, it dried burgundy, was too thick and second batch was too pearly. The clear coat I never had a chance to open right after receiving turned to solid transparent cylinder in 1 month :surprise: They promised a refund but never got it, and busy w/ my errands I totally forgot about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.