2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was the proud owner of a red, 2015 Mazda3 S Touring Hatchback, then a red light runner nailed me in the driver's-side door on January 17th, 2020. This also pushed me into the truck next to me, making all four doors inoperable. So, fairly hard hit to say the least. Car was totaled, but I love Mazda and, after all, it kept me safe, so I looked for another to replace it. I found a 2017 Mazda 3 Touring Hatchback. I went to Navigation, there is the compass:) Apparently the previous owner or another customer taking it for a test drive took the SD card. Well, I kept mine from the 2015, so I pop it in and, of course, there's the error message. As you may know , the card is locked to the 2015's VIN.

So, big question is, does anyone know how to get this card working with my new Mazda3? Any help is appreciated and thank you!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unfortunately, the Nav SD Card is vehicle dependent and I have not heard of anyone who was able to override that control. Your new car should be able to be upgraded to get the navigation working. Go to Amazon and buy a new SD card. Should cost under $100.00.

Some years Nav was included in the Touring others it was not. All touring trim vehicles of that generation are capable of having Navigation with the SD card.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You can solve this issue easily by going to eBay and buying a new SD card.

Better yet, add the CarPlay/AA kit and never worry about a SD card for maps ever again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts