2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So with the recent release of Android auto, does that mean torque pro is compatible with it and you can display all your data from torque pro onto the Mazda screen?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Haven't tried, but 99.9% sure that the answer is no.

The information displayed on Torque Pro is obtained from the OBDII port, not via anything that could be obtained from AA,

Happy to be corrected and will check tomorrow.

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't tried, but 99.9% sure that the answer is no.

The information displayed on Torque Pro is obtained from the OBDII port, not via anything that could be obtained from AA,

Happy to be corrected and will check tomorrow.
The idea is that the Bluetooth adapter would transmit data as normal to Torque Pro and then android auto would be able to display that info on the Mazda screen.

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I saw all that already, nothing seemed like concrete information so I figured Id ask here since many have gotten the upgrade from Mazda. Should be easy enough for someone who already has AA to check if torque pro displays on the mazda screen. Would be a good alternative to buying an OBD2 gauge like aeroforce offers which would be on par price wise with what Mazda is charging for the upgrade. Potentially good resale feature and would be a cleaner OEM look. People see an aftermarket gauge in your car and you are automatically labeled as a street racer, something Id rather not be labeled as.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,274 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So basically my master plan of it being easy is a complete failure, lovely.

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i use OBD2AA to display any information from torque on android auto and you dont need to be rooted at all
So just a standard android phone(no rooting no modding no jailbreaking ect) , android auto upgrade from Mazda, and it allows you to display torque on the mazda screen? If so Id really like to get confirmation from someone else in North America(Preferably Canada) to double check this please.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello,
I tried OBD2 por AA from XD Labs. Because I wanted to have waze with AA, I can confirm that it is possible to read Torque data on the MZD screen. but I have it off because when I started Waze, after a few minutes AA was disconnected. certainly a problem with my phone with the battery saver, but I did not look any further. My phone isn't rooted.

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Im just going to pop down to Mazda this week with my Bluetooth adaptor and find one on the lot with AA and try it out for myself before I dump money into this. It's looking like this will probably work.

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll test it out later. Just download torque pro?
Torque pro costs a couple bucks still I think, but they have a regular version that does basically all the same stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So just a standard android phone(no rooting no modding no jailbreaking ect) , android auto upgrade from Mazda, and it allows you to display torque on the mazda screen?
Yes will display torque to OBD2AA Application also give you information about radar's.

I will give you most information i can!!

The difference between root to no-Root

No-root: You need to enable developer settings and turn ON head unit server on AA

Root: it does automatic

every time when you connect you phone to the car and your head unit server is not "ON" OBDAA application will be bugged and you can not start AA.
If this happens then you need to reboot your phone or go to application's and clear cache from google play service + OBDAA force STOP.

Keep in mind that you need extra addons to get all pid's from mazda to torque pro.

·
*The Electrician*
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So just a standard android phone(no rooting no modding no jailbreaking ect) , android auto upgrade from Mazda, and it allows you to display torque on the mazda screen?
Yes will display torque to OBD2AA Application also give you information about radar's.

I will give you most information i can!!

The difference between root to no-Root

No-root: You need to enable developer settings and turn ON head unit server on AA

Root: it does automatic

every time when you connect you phone to the car and your head unit server is not "ON" OBDAA application will be bugged and you can not start AA.
If this happens then you need to reboot your phone or go to application's and clear cache from google play service + OBDAA force STOP.

Keep in mind that you need extra addons to get all pid's from mazda to torque pro.

I shall have to take this new information with me and go test this at my Mazda dealer on a new car. Should be easy enough to test quickly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts