2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire Pressure PIDs?

Maybe no way to get oil temp, but does anyone know of any Torque app PIDs for other parameters? Specifically I am looking at a way to get the tire pressure/temperature for each individual tire in real time. Through much searching I have found how to get it for the NC Miata (see info below since I can't post links to the website) and RX-8

Miata
pid: 22C901
name: Tire 1 Pressure
sName: T1Press
Min: 0
Max: 50
Scale: x1
Unit: psi
Equation: ((A * 1373) / 1000) * 0.145037738
Header: 720

RX-8

pid: 221177
name: MAF Voltage
sName : MAFv
Min: 0.0
Max: 5.0
Scale x1
Unit: Volts
Equation: ((A*256)+B)/3700
Header: 7E0

Must Have TPMS Installed For These
pid: 22C901
name: Tire 1 Pressure
sName: T1Press
Min: 0
Max: 50
Scale: x1
Unit: psi
Equation: ((A * 1373) / 1000) * 0.145037738
Header: 751

I even found some stuff for the Skyactiv-D, but nothing for the Mazda 3 Skyactiv-G unfortunately. It would be nice to be able to monitor each tire's pressure in real time. Also would be really cool to see some other parameters. Any info would be appreciated.

John

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just got done doing my first data logging, and one of the parameters being read/displayed is the Engine Oil Temperature. I got up to 228 degrees F today doing back to back to back to back 3rd gear WOT pulls to redline (after driving around for an hour).

If the ECU's aware of the oil temp, I'm sure there's a PID for Torque app out there.. someone smarter than me could probably figure it out. But it's not like I'll be pushing the car that hard every day so I'm not too worried. Average oil temp hovered around 204-208 F, driving spiritedly in 90 degree weather.

·
Super Moderator
5,357 Posts
You sure you are reading engine oil temps? Those numbers are in line for coolant temps....
There is no parameter for monitoring oil temp, and no sensor to do so either....

·
Registered
131 Posts
You sure you are reading engine oil temps? Those numbers are in line for coolant temps....
There is no parameter for monitoring oil temp, and no sensor to do so either....
TBH this is my first time data logging.. not 100% where is parameter is coming from. And technically, it doesn't say "Engine".. just "Oil Temperature".
But it behaves just like oil temps 'should', at least how they did in my previous cars.. It goes up to 220-230 F when you're driving really hard, and it hovers around 200-210 F when you drive 'normal'.

From all the times I've observed my coolant temps on Torque app since owning my mz3, it's never gone above 190 F, even when driving hard.

This screen shot is after ~10 minutes of idling, after starting the car up. I'm intentionally giving it a little gas to keep the RPMs above 900.. Just installed my RMM :)

·
Super Moderator
5,357 Posts
Not sure whats being picked up there....There are some older models that had that sensor, and I think the SA-D has one. I've looked through some parts lists, so far found no engine oil temp sensor listed for the SA-G, just the pressure sensor for the dash light. There have been members here in the past who wanted to monitor oil temp and had to install a sensor in the pan to do it.
Have you actually done any data logs, and is that parameter actually being recorded? I've been looking through mine, and there is no oil temp logging.... What version of MazdaEdit are you using? I just updated from 2.5 to 3.0.
Coolant temp should be right around 190, going up to about 205 or so according to my Scangauge and Actron OBD scanner. Neither one picks up any oil temps though.
Have Rafael bump your idle to 750....

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm still on version 2.7 of MazdaEdit. But I'm just as surprised to see the oil temps. From everything I've read & seen, didn't think any of the gen3's had an oil temp sensor.

I don't know what data this program is interpreting from the ECU, but it updates in real time... the harder I drive, the higher the temps climb. However, after checking the .CSV log files, the oil temp isn't being recorded.. so who knows what's going on.

·
Super Moderator
5,357 Posts
This is odd....I went out and plugged in my Actron CP9680 OBD2 scanner and took a look, no oil temp PIDs found, no oil temp displayed.
Then, I took a look at the newest MazdaEdit functions that were updated a couple days ago and did a quick ECU check, sure enough now there is an oil temp function that displays in the 2nd gen logger. No idea what is generating the readings but they are there....
I'm due for an oil change service soon. I'll have to remember to ask about that. Maybe somebody will know, but not counting on it.
I'd like to see if Forscan picks anything up too, but don't have access right now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't know what data this program is interpreting from the ECU, but it updates in real time.. However, after checking the .CSV log files, the oil temp isn't being recorded.. so who knows what's going on.

View attachment 277737
I may have spoken too soon.. I was just looking at the wrong chart.
Opened up the log file in MazdaEdit today, and it does apparently log the "Oil Temperature" while you drive.. This is from driving in 90 degree weather.

·
Super Moderator
5,357 Posts
Still don't know where the data is coming from. I might have an answer from Linear Logic about the PIDs at some point though.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Still don't know where the data is coming from. I might have an answer from Linear Logic about the PIDs at some point though.
If & when you do, please keep me looped, sir. Got same question.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts