2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Please choose the option you would choose, Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Street Unit - Ninja Killa
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I am getting Tax money soon I hope.. they said this week it would be deposited in my account.

I am really torn on whether not to buy rims or not... If I get rims & Hankook evo's, I will get the endlinks as well which will come to about $1400 .. If I dont buy rims I will get Sways, endlinks, brakelines, VG Sharkfin Antenna, HID’s, and halogen yellow fogs and maybe a TWM short shift adapter with type r weight shift knob which will come to $1200 with install of sways.

So in conclusion:

option #1
Motegi's 18x 8, Hankook V12 Evo 235/18, Front Endlinks (ones Warlord suggested)

option #2
Hotchkis F/R Sways, Front endlinks, CorkSport brakelines, VG Sharkfin Antenna, DDM 6k HID’s, and halogen yellow fogs, TWM short shift adapter with Type R weighted shift knob.

I will get more money then either of these options but I dont wanna spend it all on my car... at least my girl wont let me.. Women :argh 1:

·
Registered
596 Posts
A few questions, before voting.
I am assuming your ride is Liquid Silver
Which Motegi wheels?
What color do you have your calipers painted?
You need to include some tuner lugs if wheels are in the future, here is a site - Evasive Motorsports Lug Nuts

A comment
Not a big fan of the TWM SS adapter, probably would go with JBarone if I was only to get an adapter plate, I would also get the solid shifter bushings.

Z

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Option #2. Your not lowered enough to really need the end links.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
I voted for option 1, but now after looking at your picture album, I say none of the above. You can always do options 2 just a little bit at a time, it also won't take to long to save for tires. I say for the amount of money you are going to spend get coilovers and wheel spacers. After you see how good your car looks more lowered you'll absolutely love it. Just my $.02.

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems like no one wants me to get rims.. lol cept Hanzo. I do like his point though.. separately the pieces in option 2 dont cost much. but rims are $650 in one shot, then there is tires another $550. hmmm

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I am getting Motegi MR116 they are black with a red lip I wanna do a red black and silver theme..

·
Go Fast
222 Posts
Option 2 - no doubt.

Save your cash and get better wheels. Those Motegis are nearly 25lbs I was told. 2-3lbs more than stock. - Just my opinion.

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
stock wheels are about 25 lbs the Motegi's are 23 lbs and thank you for your opinion. I honestly dont care to much about weight b/c I am going for a certain look.. I am not even touching the motor or exhaust b/c I bought a extended warranty on it for 5yr-60k miles most I will do to the engine is intake. Anyways there is not way I am spending $250 - $400+ a wheel

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I think that a combination of 1 and 2 would yeild the best bang for the buck...

Get the Motegis from option 1 but throw on your stock rubber (yor'd be rolling on the stock rubber with opion 2 anyway)...then spring for the Hotchkis Sways from option 2. This should leave you some $ left over to pick up the endlinks or a couple of other items from option 2.

The new, wider wheels coupled with the Hotchkis setup would give you the best performnace value IMO.

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks I like that Idea.. I wonder If I would be able to pull that off.. I kinda need new tires.. I need to hustle and see if I can make some more cash on the side. Anyone need any graphic design done.. ...lol papa need some new toys.

·
Go Fast
222 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Speed, I would rethink the red lip, therefore I am going with option 2

Z

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
He's pretty set on those red lip Motegi.

·
Registered
596 Posts
sounds like a personal issue

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
Option #2 for sure. Either way tho, you can't go wrong. Eventually you will end up buying all of that, I am sure :biggrin:

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Option #2 for sure. Either way tho, you can't go wrong. Eventually you will end up buying all of that, I am sure :biggrin:
So. true..

and Zprice.. leave my issues alone...lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
and Zprice.. leave my issues alone...lol
And that is why I did not elaborate on the issue just defined it.

For some reason the red does not work with silver for me, I am working on something to remove all the red from my interior, would have been much better solid black.

I thought there was a vaccine for the chicken pox.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts